Chapter 40

Muhammad and Maryam were seated at the dining area alone, he had asked for a private talk with her earlier and she had absolutely no idea what he wanted to talk about.

She didn't know what he wanted to talk about, but was curious. The sound of him clear his voice broke her reverie. "How are you?" He asked reaching for her hand. She placed her hand on his and looked up with a smile. "I'm fine Alhamdulillah, how are you?" She asked.

"Same as always." He held their hands tighter and pulled her closer to him, "just very ecstatic," he added. Maryam raised her eyebrows with a teasing smile, "yeah?" He nodded and pecked her knuckles, "you have made me the happiest man on earth by choosing to marry me Maryam, I promise you won't regret it. This will be the best alliance you've ever signed." He assured pulling her in for a hug. Maryam closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, inhaling the sweet smell of his cologne.

They stayed like that for a couple of seconds before he released her with a soft peck on the forehead. Goodness how she loves it when he does that. "Just know that you're going to be stuck with the good old boring me for the rest of your life." He warned chuckling.

"I'd like that," she smiled coyly. He smiled and lowered his voice,"I am a very lucky guy."
"You really are."

She then remembered that he had something to tell her. "Yauwa what did you want to tell me?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Oh...I even forgot I had something to say. I'm going to abuja today." He said playing with her ring. Maryam looked at him with confusion, "but why?"

"To look at some apartments that I'm going to buy, for us." He said watching out for her reaction. She made an O with her mouth and smiled. She has been wondering about that ever since they got married, Is she going to stay in kaduna or Abuja."when are you coming back?" She asked.

"Tomorrow Insha Allah,"
"Toh Allah ya dawo dakai lafiya,"
"Amin."

"I pray I get someone that looks at me the way ya Muhammad looks at ya Maryam," Yasmin whispered to jannah as they all sneaked looks of the couple. Jannah nodded, and glanced at them talking and laughing. She was feeding her eyes with the cuteness of the newly married couple. They are so in love, May they never fall out of love, Amin.

Ya amma looked at the couple and smiled, thanking Allah for blessing her younger sister with a good spouse.

Jannah excused herself saying she needed to go to the toilet urgently. She pushed open the door and found Farhan standing on the porch, his back was facing her as he spoke on the phone.

She wore her shoes and turned to walk away when something caught her attention. The man was speaking with a thick British accent that rolled graciously off his tongue, it was so beautiful. She glanced at him and just couldn't help study him. He was tall well over 6ft with broad shoulders, and had a navy blue kaftan on, that hugged his body perfectly. He had one hand in his trouser pocket and the other holding his phone.

Just then he turned and their eyes met. Oh my God! Her insides exploded. Masha Allah. He was such a beautiful creature, just like his voice. She has seen him before but she doesn't remember where exactly.

"Ina wuni," she quickly greeted with a small smile hoping that he didn't catch her staring. He smiled, "Ina gajiya."

His penetrating gaze studied her, absorbing everything he can about her. Goosebumps erupted on her skin as she feels the weight of his gaze upon her. She then quickly masked it up with a smile and walked past him and headed to the main house, rubbing her hands up and down her arms trying to calm her emotions.