Chapter 44

It was around 4 am when Muhammad stirred awake. He has always not been much of a sleeper, he usually wakes up around 4 am, pray, reads the Quran, and says his azkar. He will stay up till Fajr catching up on some work then go back to sleep around 6:30 if he doesn't have work. If not he will get ready and carry on with his day.

Today was so much different, he has never felt as fulfilled and happy as he was feeling at that moment. The room was dark with only the moonlight in the room, yet he was able to see the contours of Maryam's face as she laid face facing his chest peacefully sleeping. He said his waking up dua and stretched carefully, not wanting to wake her.

"Morning gorgeous," he said under his breath watching her, feeling some emotions tingle in him. He propped himself on his elbows just to watch her sleep because he just couldn't get enough of her. He saw how when she turns slightly, she would mutter something under her breath, or scratch her face, and how how her brows furrowed every now and then. "What are you dreaming about?" He whispered, brushing her hair back gently and leaned over the bed and pressed a kiss on her lips. She smells warm and perfumed. Even in her sleep. He thought to himself smiling.

He then got up and headed straight to the bathroom, bathed, performed ablution prayed, and sat on the prayer mat thanking Allah.

• • •

Sunlight seeped through the gray drapes landing directly on Maryam's face. She squinted her eyes and tried to pull the blanket over her but something seems to be resisting her movement. She could make out the feature of a human body leaning over her, watching her sleep also blocking the sun from her face.

Who could be watching her? Is this some sort of dream because she knows ya Amma, Yasmin and Mama definitely wouldn't come and just watch her sleep. It's indeed a dream. She turned and snuggled more into the pillow, enjoying her sleep some more. Then a hand started shaking her lightly. "Yasmin let me sleep some more," she groaned and this time managed to successfully pull the blanket.

Muhammad was amused. This is his first time in years waking up beside someone, ever since medical school, that too a lady. So this is how they are or is it just his wife, his very own special unique wife. He chuckled when she covered all her body mumbling some things in her breath. He would have let her sleep in, but she needs to pray.

Sleep overtook him earlier after he had finished praying, on the prayer mat and didn't wake up until 7:30 am, which was 10 minutes ago. The moment he woke up and saw the time, his heart sank. He dashed to the toilet, performed ablution, and prayed.

He held the side of the blanket and pulled it saying, "I'm sorry baby, but you have to get up." She said something under her breath which he didn't quite catch. He lifted his brows and leaned in saying "what?" She groaned and pushed his head saying, "Get up and do what? Leave me alone I want to sleep."
"Pray. You have to pray, get up. You're already late as it is." When she didn't budge, he grabbed her shoulders and shook her, "Maryam! Tashi mana it's like 7:49 in the morning."

She sprang right up at that looking as disheveled, unconsciously gripping her blanket around her chest tightly, she even scared him. "7:49!" She exclaimed. He glanced at the wall clock hung on the wall opposite the bed then back at her. "7:52 now," Muhammad said. She turned and looked at him brows scrunched up with confusion as if wondering why she has a guy in her room and why the blanket was the only thing on her, she never sleeps stripped.  "What . . ." Her eyes widened and blood rushed to her face in a matter of seconds as the memories of last night dawned on her all at once. One look at his face, and she was hiding her face between her thighs squirming. Muhammad chuckled and moved closer to her, taking a hold of her hand.