Chapter 49

For those of you asking who Jannah is, she is Maryam and Muhammad's cousin.
~~**~~
The Kamu was taking place at their family house, their grandfather; Alhaji Muhammad Amin's house. Tons of family and friends were staying in the house along with the bride, for the final moments of the wedding.

The staff of the event planner very already setting up the place by 2 pm, as the event was by 7 pm. It was all starting to come together. Ya Amma was in her specially designated room getting her makeup done, alongside her close friends who were there to support her and help with every small thing she needed.

"Aisha, can you try the caterer's number again please, he needs to be here before all the guests arrive." Ya Amma said, looking at her friend who nodded.

She looked down at her phone and then she looked up again, "please Noor, can you try the MC's number again. I want to be sure that he's really coming." Noor looked at her and laughed, "don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. You've already made me call him 2 times already this morning, please let the man rest, he said he will be here." Ya Amma sighed, "I just don't want anything to go wrong."
"That is why you need to relax, and let us and your family handle it. We are all here for you, just enjoy your wedding it only happens once in a lifetime. Well, not always but Insha Allah, yours will only happen once in a lifetime." Reesla said as she helped Noor tie her headscarf.

"Ours all seff." Faiza; her other friend said. "Insha Allah."
"So now keep quiet and let the makeup artist do her job."
Ya Amma looked at the makeup artist apologetically and closed her eyes, letting her do what she does best. Not less than 5 minutes later, she said, "do you think Maryam and Ya Muhammad will make it on time because I want them in my bride and groom train."

"Amma!" All of them shouted and she laughed and raised her hand in submission.

~~**~~

The cousins were all in the living room upstairs getting ready as well, some were getting their makeup done, some were fixing their gele, and some were eating and chatting.

"Asmau do you realize that we only meet during occasions, ko wedding, naming ceremony, something of a sort dai," Yasmin said and they all agreed. Asmau laughed, "I know right, do you know that at first, and I am missing a lot."

"You always miss the fun part."
Asmau pouted, "I know I just hope that you all guys's kids will at least know you." They all laughed, "you're not serious."

She pushed her hair back and sat up, "To be completely honest with y'all, I wasn't even going to come to ya Amma's wedding because of my exams but thank God at the last minute they shifted it."

"You and school dai asmau, you are inseparable," Jannah commented, brushing powder on her face. "Wallahi kuwa, you're one of a kind."
"Well someone has to do it. Someone has to love school." She said eating a spoonful of dambun shinkafa. "Ai kam dai." Yasmin said laughing. "It's definitely not us." She added gesturing at all of them. "Never have been and will never be." Jannah laughed. 

"So now one of us is getting married again. It was like yesterday ya Munira got married, then Maryam, and now ya Amma." Ya Fatima said.
Jannah sighed. "Wallahi kuwa, I wonder who is next." She stared down at the cup she was drinking zobo from.

Ya salma looked at her with a kind of teasing smile, "With the speed your relationship is going, I bet you're next." Yasmin nodded. "I hear wedding bells." She said pulling jannah's cheeks. Jannah shoved her hand away blushing.

"Dan Allah, you guys need to tell me all the deets, I don't even know when it happened," Asmau asked curiously.

"Where were you when she announced it on our group chat?" Ya Fatima asked, raising her brows. They all laughed.
"Wallahi kam, she legit broadcasted it at that time. Kai Jannah, ba hankali."