Chapter 24

Aisha dragged maryam out of the chamber. Once they were out, she stopped saying, "Maryam you know I can't." Maryam furrowed her eyebrows, "can't what?"
"I can't go out with you and ya muhammad." She rubbed her palms.
"What, why?"
"Didn't I tell you saif was coming to see me today and you know I can't see him with ya Muhammad in this house, and I also can't go out with you."
"Ohhh yeah, so why didn't you just say you can't come?"
"Do you not know ya muhammad, he would just start asking questions that I won't be able to give answers to. He knows how much I love going out, and now if I say I would skip going out today, and also maybe miss some free desserts, he would get suspicious."

Maryam nodded and started walking towards the door. "So what do you want me to do?"
"Just tell him something that won't raise his suspicion." She suggested.
"Like what?"

                 ———————

Maryam told mama and mummy that they were going to go register her business, and they wished her luck. She was suddenly so excited about the whole idea. She grabbed her bag and fixed her veil, and applied a thin layer of lipgloss that Aisha literally forced her to wear.

She headed downstairs and slipped into her slippers, and went out. She walked to the parking space and found no one was there, so she leaned against one of the cars and waited for him to come.

While waiting, she pulled out her phone and began to vlog. She was like, "hey guys, how are you? So guess what? I am finally going to register my cake business and I am so excited. Actually I haven't really thought about going back to baking again, until my cousin encouraged me to, and even proposed to be my assistant. He is so amazing." She finished with a smile.

She said her goodbyes and held down the phone only to meet muhammad's eyes. His lips held a faint smile. "So you vlog too?"

She shrugged, "I just film and keep them in my gallery, it's just an old habit of mine. And you know old habits die hard." "Thats the saying right?" She asked and he nodded. "I think so. Why don't you post them?"
"I don't know, probably because I want my life to be private. The only vlog that I can actually post is that of food. Now let's go before it gets dark." She rounded his car and stood by the passenger door. He opened the car, "wait, aisha isn't coming?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh yes, she has a bit of a situation."
"What is it?"
"Ladies problem." She said, opened the car door and got in.

He nodded to himself in understanding and also entered the car, revved up the engine and drove out of the compound. "I have to deliver something to ya munira first before we go." She nodded and said, "I've only been to her house twice ever since she got married. Ina taso inje."
"Lallai, she won't let you rest kam today."
"True." She laughed and looked out the window.

They stayed quiet for about five minutes, maryam reading a book on her phone and muhammad focused in driving.

He looked at her, she was completely focused. He is not used to not hearing maryam's just talking. She talks for hours once she starts, she is like a babble book.

"Now that you have finished school, what are you going to do next?" He asked. She looked up and gave it a thought for a while, "I seriously don't know. All I know is that I'm going to rest for a while, because I am tired and it's not a must." She has always said that once she finishes university, she would rest before starting her masters. She is definitely not a school person.

"How long is a while?"
"A year or two." She shrugged. His eyes widened, "a year dai?"
"Yes."

He slowly nodded with a raised eyebrow, "so what do you plan on doing in this resting year of years."
A small smile appeared on her lips, "well I have a few in mind. I have even made a list of some."
"List dai?"
"Yep."
"Let's hear them."
"Arasso." She said and opened the note app on her phone. "I haven't had the chance to watch all the seasonal films that I have been wanting to find, because of school, so I want to watch that I have missed."

"Well lucky you, I have a few of the good ones on my laptop." She opened her mouth in delight, "you saved me the trouble of downloading, thank you."
"Of course, whats next?"
She looked back at the list and laughed, "please don't call me a crazy woman... I would love to skydive." Horrified, he turned to her, "skydive?"
"Yes." She chuckled and he laughed saying lallai Maryam.

"Next, I would love to paint, learn to paint."
"Really, what kind?"
"Landscapes, and just play around with colors." He tapped his fingers on the wheels and nodded in understanding. "Well that sounds normal." She chuckled and shook her head. "Then pottery, I would love to be able to make all kinds of ceramics even if I won't sell them, I would just keep them." She looked at him again and waited to hear his remark because he is a good judge of character and she likes to hear what he thinks.

"And when you learn that you can even save aunty the of buying kitchen set for you." He chuckled. "Kuma haka fa, I didn't even think about that." She laughed.

"As you may or may not know, I have a terrible photography skill, so I would love to learn the art of taking pictures." He lightly hummed as she carried on, "then I want to have a garden full of different kinds of flowers, fruits, foods and herbs that I planted myself."

Her face just lights up as she spoke about her dreams. "And I also want to fly a paraglider and I think that's pretty much it... oh and I want to visit villages and try all the traditional food there is, I mean real traditional food." At the mention of food, she went all hyper and started listing off all the traditional foods that she would love to try.

Muhammad even helped her list some of the food that she had forgotten to list and laughed most of the time. "You know maryam, you are a very weird person. I expected to hear you say you wanted to travel the world, have a lavish wedding, open a fashion line, change your wardrobe or do some girly stuff, but all that, you blew my mind." He threw her a funny look.

She shrugged and said, "well what can I say, I am a unique package, different from all others."
"True," he said and they all laughed.

.
Kisses, fatima🥀