Chapter 48

J A N N A H
"Okay, this is a shocker," Jannah muttered as she stared at Farhan through the window. She was seriously still finding it hard to believe Farhan himself came for her and that too, he followed the most respectable route.

She looked again. He was indeed there, sitting on the carpet in her father's house, talking to him and even laughing along with him. The only thing moving around in her head as she stared was . . . 'How a man can be that beautiful, masha Allah. He was clad in a white kaftan, and on his smooth soft looking hair was a black Zannah bukar. But If she didn't have an ounce of like in her heart for him, she would have hated him for coming straight to her parents like that.

"Oh, Allah." She drew back, chewing her nails.  She walked back and forth in front of the closed door contemplating between heading back to the house and going inside. She was so nervous.

"Uhm, Uhmm." She heard someone clear his voice behind her and she jumped back startled. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was her mother. "Oh Allah mummy, you scared me. How long have you been here?" She whined holding her chest. Mummy eyed her saying, "ba dole ba. Abeg collect this and take it inside." She said pushing a tray of drinks and cups into her hand.

"Banson shashanchi Jannah, you better collect yourself and go inside. Don't keep them waiting."
"And please if you can, don't make a fool of yourself." She added and walked away.

"Jannah, is that you?" Baba called from inside. She groaned, screaming internally. If only she could just disappear right now. "Yes, baba."
"Ah Toh come in mana, don't keep the young man waiting."

She has envisioned 101 scenarios where she meets a guy she is attracted to for the first time before and this is never it.

From inside she heard Abdallah saying, "let me get the door for her." And in an instant, the door flung open with a grinning Abdallah holding it wide open. He winked at her and she eyed him. "What are you doing here?" she mouthed, brows furrowed. "I don't know." he shrugged holding that grin in place. She wanted to slap that grin off his face more than anything at the moment. She hasn't even finished mentally preparing herself yet.

Shaking her head, she prayed to Allah to help her not make a fool of herself. "Bismillah," Abdallah said. She silently cursed him and made her way inside.

On the outside, she looked like she had everything under control but she was shaking on the inside. All their heads turned to her as she walked in.

If she was to trip and fall right now, in front of them, on her face, what will she do? Oh gosh, that will be so embarrassing. She brushed those thoughts aside and tightened her hold on the tray.

"Ina wunin ku." She greeted setting down the tray on the center table in front of baba. "Aa Jannah keep it there." Baba pointed at the space between Farhan and Abdallah. She bit her lip and did as she was told. They all muttered a thank you. Her eyes locked with Farhans' as she made her way to the other side of baba to sit down, and he smiled at her. And here comes the butterflies again.

He looks more handsome in person than in all pictures of him that she had seen. Ok, she may or may not have stalked him on social media. What was she supposed to do? When the opportunity presented itself she took it.

She quickly looked away and focused her attention on the carpet. Oh my god, this is going to be so difficult.

They exchanged pleasantries and then went silent for a couple of seconds before baba cleared his voice. "Jannah, do you know this man?" Her heart slammed in her chest. Not slamming is a small word for what her heart did, it somersaulted and cruised in her chest.