Chapter 41

The house that Muhammad found was a fully furnished three-bedroom apartment, with a living room, a kitchen, and a toilet in each of the rooms. He was absolutely in love with it, and could already envision their life in it. He showed Mummy and Maryam the picture of the house, and they all loved it, saying it was beautiful.

He made the purchase the day after, he didn't want anyone to buy the house before him, because the house attracted a lot of people. Even though it was on the expensive side, judging by the location and setting of the house, it was all worth it. The best part about everything was that the house was furnished, now they can just move in without any hassle.

He stopped by the hospital to submit a file before heading to Kaduna. He went straight to the director's office, where he submitted the file, signed some papers before heading to his office.

He was on his way there when he heard a familiar voice call him from behind. "Dr. Muhammad," He turned and found a nurse, doctor Haisham's fiancée smiling brightly at him. "Yusra," he shifted to meet her gaze. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine, how are you? It's been a long time."

He nodded, "how is work?
"Work is fine." She looked at him smiling widely, her eyes twinkled with irrepressible mischief, "so I heard you got married, who is the lucky bride?"

"Her name is Maryam, you don't know her." He waved his hand off walking off towards his office. He knows Yusra, she will just disturb him now with her unending questions. She followed him regardless. "So when did you tie the knot? How did you meet?"

He looked at her and chuckled, shaking his head. "We got married last week and she's my cousin. Does that answer your questions?" He asked. She nodded, "for now yeah." Muhammad chuckled and turned to walk away, when she stopped him again. "Oh I almost forgot, Doctor Haisham is calling you to his office."

"I'll be there in a sec." she nodded and walked off. Muhammad entered his office which was all clean and neat. They must have been cleaning it despite his absence. He closed the door after him and breathed in the familiar minty smell of his office, his eyes following everywhere. He hadn't realized how much he had missed this space until now.

"Bismillah," he muttered as he heaved into his chair, glancing at his mahogany desk that was heaped with files. "I told Lauryn time and time again to stop keeping files on my table," he frowned, then opened a file drawer and began arranging them all at once. He was out of breath by the time he was done. He got up, taking two files along with him, and headed for the door.

~~**~~
A loud yawn escaped her lips as she walked down the stairs heading outside where their next event, the Kunshi was going to take place. The bride and everyone else will be getting their henna applied.

The 7 hours of sleep she got was apparently not enough for her. She went to sleep late last night talking to her husband on the phone. She was sleepy, but Muhammad insisted that he wasn't tired of talking and didn't want to get off the phone with her, she eventually ended up sleeping off.  When Muhammad heard her snore, he chuckled and just couldn't get off the phone again.

She woke up around 3 am and found that he still hasn't disconnected the call and had fallen asleep. She smiled, "I love you." She said and cut the call.

She looked beautiful rocking a brown A-shaped gown, with a light purple veil draped across her shoulder, a pair of gold earrings, a black Valentino slippers.

Her two friends walked beside her holding her arms as they walked out. "We're going to be having a small karaoke night as the henna gets done, it'll be fun." Ummita whispered excitedly in Maryam's ear. Maryam could only nod, as she wasn't in the mood for small talks, her anxiety grew as she thought of what day it was tomorrow. She was leaving for Abuja tomorrow, the thought alone freaks her out.