xxv

y/n pov:

y/n pov:

i groaned as i woke up to the thumping of my head, it was as if my i could feel my heartbeat in my skull. that fresh braids feeling will always fuck me up.

i turned on my side and raised my phone to see the time '7:32' staring back at me. i have to go back home to pick up my dress that my mother had made for the dance. 

i was already dreading the journey, but the fact that i would see my family again after what felt like centuries is what motivated me to get up outta bed.

i looked at my appearance in the mirror and grimaced at the sight of my swollen ass face. i rolled my eyes and called my mother, just to double check she was on schedule. you can never really know with her, she'll say 8:45 am but i'll show up and my dress material wouldn't have even been taken out of the bag yet.

after calling her three times, she didn't pick up, shocker!

i leaned on my dresser and scrolled through all the tiktok sounds on my phone that i was planning on lip syncing to once i got all glammed up.

my day was going to be packed as i had a lot of things to do before the dance at 9pm, i had to go to a eyelash and nail appointment, try on the dresses my mother made and do alterations. not to mention help the other girls get ready as most of them were a little hopeless when it comes to stuff like this.

unlike me, i rarely dress up even though that's something i love doing. if i didn't want to be a hero, i would definitely do beauty professionally and get paid so, so much money. a girl could only dream.

but what can i say, maybe in the next life.

after aimlessly scrolling through tiktok, i looked at the time on my phone in the upper left corner and felt my heart stop. it was almost 8:10 and i hadn't even gotten somewhat ready yet.

like the flash, i grabbed my toiletry bag and ran towards the girls bathroom, all while trying not to fall because of the way my socks against the hard wood floor material made me slide.

as i arrived outside the bathroom door, i took a second to catch my breath and i bent over with my hands on my thighs to calm down.

when i had regained my composure i heard the click of a door and turned my hair to see bakugo leaving the boys bathroom. he looked at me in disappointment and shook his head lightly. i'm feeling a strong sense of déjà-vu right now.

"why are you always running late somewhere dumbass?" i pretended to be shocked at the question he had just asked and replied,