[13] the connection

A/N: OKAY I REALIZED THE LAST TIME I UPDATED THIS WAS IN DECEMBER AND NOW IT’S ALMOST MARCH WOW

SORRY IF THIS UPDATE SUCKS LMAO

QOTD: Do you consider yourself MOSTLY an optimist (positive thinker) or a pessimist (negative thinker)?

AOTD: Pessimist

SONG OF THE DAY: “Truth or Dare” by Mariana’s Trench

___________________

            “Ashton, can I talk to you for a moment?” I asked him, feeling the need to talk about my feelings for Calum.

            I remembered Ashton telling me that I could talk to him if I decided I liked Calum, so I knew he wouldn’t judge me. Ashton nodded, following me to my bedroom so we could talk alone. I closed the door behind us, also making sure that we kept our voices down.

             “What’s wrong?”

             “Well, you said I could talk to you if I ever decided I had feelings for Calum,” I went on, taking a deep breath. After all, this was the first time I’d be admitting it out loud. “Last night, I realized how I feel about him.”

             “What happened that made you realize it?”

             “He crawled on my lap and wrapped his arms around my neck,” I explained, feeling the blood rushing to my cheeks. “His face was so close to mine, and I felt the urge to kiss him again. He was right there, Ashton. He was pressed up against me, and I remember having major butterflies in my stomach. It’s just...I can’t like him.”

            Ashton frowned. “Why can’t you?”

             “It would ruin us,” I sighed, “it would ruin the band. Even if he did feel the same, we might have a horrible break up and cause the band to have problems. He won’t like me anyways—he’s straight, and even if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t go for someone like me.”

             “Luke, don’t say that,” Ashton tried to calm me down, but it wasn’t working. “I thought Michael was straight this entire time, and here he was in love with me. That might be the same with Calum. You just have to go for it or tell him how you feel. Even if he rejects you, at least you can say that you faced your fear. It’s going to be okay.”

             “I don’t know,” I bit my lip. “I think I’m going to try and figure out how strong my feelings are before I tell him.”

             “That seems fair,” Ashton agreed with me.

             “Yeah. Oh, and about you and Michael, are you guys together now?” I couldn’t help but ask, and Ashton’s cheeks got really red at the mention of them.

             “We actually uh, haven’t spoken since the kiss,” he blushed. “I hope we get together, though.”

          I smiled. “You will.”

[x]