[6] the glances

A/N: Hii everyone!

So I’m really sad that today (October 5th) is the last day of the WWAT. :( I had the best day of my life on that tour and I’m so sad that it ended. Well, all good things have to come to an end, right?

SO I FOUND OUT THAT @barakatboulevard IS READING THIS AND I DIED IF YOU SEE THIS JUST KNOW ILY

Oh, by the way, do you think I should do a character ask?

If you think so, read the author’s note at the end of the chapter when you are done reading everything else! Also, I may post a chapter playlist at the end (the songs I listened to while writing this chapter.)

Well, please comment, vote, and fan if you liked it! Love you lots!

QOTD: Who was the last person who made you mad?

AOTD: My mom

__________________________

            “Hey Michael, do you want to play some video games with us?” Calum called from the living room.

             Every once in a while we would play video games to get our minds off things. Since Michael was absolutely video game crazed, he liked to try new ones together. We would always find the games we loved and still play now, but we would also find the ones that were either too boring or too complicated to figure out.

            “No, I’m busy.” Michael replied, not giving any of us a reason why.

            “Wow, Michael is so upset with me he even turned down the chance to play video games,” Ashton sighed.

            The hazel eyed boy looked down at the floor, slightly shaking his head. When he looked back up, I could clearly see the sadness in his eyes. Ashton was very emotional and sensitive, and that’s why everyone has to watch what they say around him. You have to think about every word you are going to say to him before you talk, because if you say the wrong thing, Ashton’s feelings get hurt extremely easily.

            “Ash, it’s not your fault.” I tried to reassure him, but it didn’t seem to convince him. “Michael must have a lot on his plate right now. Don’t blame yourself, okay? You know how he is. He’s overdramatic about everything. He’s not upset with you, trust me.”

            “You keep saying that, but I don’t know if I believe you,” Ashton spoke up. “I just…I want to know what I did. Don’t you think I deserve to know? I at least think I deserve some sort of idea of what I did.”

            I didn’t say anything, and neither did Calum. The three of us stood there in the most uncomfortable of silences, and I wanted nothing more than for the silence to be broken somehow. Calum and I exchanged looks; not knowing what to do or say next.

               The way that Calum was looking at me gave me the feeling that he wanted me to be the one to speak up next, but I thought he should say something. I looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping he would give in before Ashton noticed the glances Calum and I were sharing.

            “Ash…” Calum finally spoke, “as your best friend, I don’t want you to get hurt. I think that you just need to calm down. Just breathe.”

            I reached my hand over to squeeze one of Ashton’s shoulders reassuringly, and Calum began to rub his upper back. Ashton forced a small smile onto his lips for a moment, and the small smile acted as a thankyou for trying to cheer him up. Even though he did smile, I could tell by the look in his eyes that we didn’t seem to help him very much.