[9] the paparazzi

A/N: Hi guys!

I don’t know why this is the story I update every time I write, so I apologize if that gets annoying. For some reason this story is incredibly fun to write??

Anyways, I hope you’re well! :) Hopefully this chapter will be somewhat interesting for you…at least I think it will be. ;)

This chapter is going to be different than the other chapters, though. There will be a small flashback that is in italics, so I hope it’s not confusing.

ALSO IT FINALLY SNOWED TODAY AND I AM REALLY HAPPY BECAUSE OF IT.

Don’t forget to comment and vote because I really do appreciate it a lot more than you might think. :)

SONG OF THE DAY: “Ready to Run” by One Direction (since it came out recently omfg)

QOTD: What is your LEAST favorite 5sos ship?

AOTD: Malum or Lashton ugh

__________________________

            It all happened so fast. I could barely process everything that was going on around me. Just an hour ago everything was normal—well, as normal as it gets with two boys in the middle of a dare that required them to fake date. Last time I checked, Calum wasn’t upset with me. But not that I’m reflecting upon the events that seemed to occur within a blink of an eye, maybe everything wasn’t as okay as I thought it was.

AN HOUR EARLIER

            “Smile, Luke,” a reporter screamed in my face, snapping multiple pictures. I looked down to the floor in a weak attempt to block out the annoying paparazzi that was following us—I had never been able to get used to it. In fact, none of us were used to the constant chanting of our names and the blinding flashes of light without warning. Even now none of us were really capable of handling the stress, I felt like for me, it was one hundred times worse than it was for the other guys.

            Michael would advise me to ignore them, but it wasn’t that easy. I’ve tried everything; listening to music, trying to clear my mind or even trying to clutter my brain with useless information that would take my mind off of what was happening right now.

          I felt Calum grab a hold of my arm; he was practically dragging me away from the paparazzi. I was so shook up that I could barely move my feet, and I found myself spacing out every so often. My heart felt like it was about to pound out of my chest; I was completely and utterly terrified.

            “Guys, over here!” I heard Ashton calling out to the three of us, and we made a break for it. We all piled into our car, instructing our driver to hurry, and as Michael worded it, ‘get the hell out of here.’

            The driver didn’t hesitate to press his foot forcefully onto the gas, and we were on the road within a minute or two. My heart was still pounding so hard in my chest that it hurt, but fortunately for me, I wasn’t seeing flashing lights in my face or having people call me many different names as I walked through the large crowd.

            “That was a close call,” Calum let out a sigh of relief, glancing over at me.

            I met eyes with him; my breathing was still rugged and it came out quite choppy and uneven. I could tell that Calum could sense my nerves—I was so shaky and anxious, and I kept trying to take deep breaths. It seemed to me that being able to calm myself down right now would be like a person trying to breathe underwater—it was impossible. My teeth were beginning to chatter, and I didn’t like that one bit. I tried to tighten my jaw to prevent it from happening, but it just made it harder for me to breathe.