[10] the pain

A/N: How is everyone?

Ugh, today was Monday so that’s never good. On the bright side, I only have tomorrow and a short day on Wednesday before Thanksgiving break!

ALSO BOTH 5SOS AND ONE DIRECTION SLAYED AT THE AMA’S I AM SO PROUD OF THEM. QUEEN TAYLOR DID AMAZING AS WELL YESSS.

(OH AND ALSO, DO YOU LIKE THE NEW COVER? I DON’T KNOW WHY I FELT LIKE CHANGING IT…I JUST GOT BORED, I GUESS. LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS, PLEASE!)

SONG OF THE DAY: “Change Your Ticket” by One Direction

QOTD: When’s your birthday?

AOTD: May 15th

ENJOYYYY XX

____________________

            Calum and I hadn’t had a proper conversation since the kiss; he’s practically been avoiding me at all costs and making up excuses to get out of talking to me. During the times where we had to talk, he wouldn’t meet my gaze or reply with anything other than a rude comment. Knowing him for a while now, I was perfectly aware of his sassy side—however, the comments he was making towards me were more hurtful than anything else.

            Right now, I am currently sitting on my bed; absentmindedly scrolling through my mentions on twitter. I wasn’t quite paying attention to them; I mainly skimmed over each one and followed a few fans who managed to make me smile with their words.

       I had been listening to music even more so than usual—to me, music was an easy way to escape an unwanted conversation with someone you have no intentions on speaking to. In this scenario, music was my way to get out of talking to Calum.

            At this point, I wasn’t sure if he was being childish or if I was. I am the one who made things awkward between us. I am the one who kissed him, but at the same time, he chose to react awkwardly to the situation. I can’t take it back nor can I simply erase the memory from Calum’s mind, so I just have to live with the fact that what is done is done.

            Michael and Ashton claimed that they weren’t taking sides; they said it would be stupid of them to put our friendships on the line for some stupid kiss. Even if they aren’t taking sides, I still wonder if they think about who is in the wrong more so than the opposite person.

            I was in between songs when I heard the door open, revealing Ashton standing in the doorway. As much as I didn’t want to engage into a conversation, part of me wished that it was Calum standing there. I cleared my mind of any thoughts of Calum, taking my earphones out so I could see what Ashton wanted. He advanced further into the room, his hair hanging above his eyes as he crossed his arms.

            “What do you want?” I asked, realizing it had come out harsher than intended.

            “Wow, what’s your problem?”

            “It’s nothing...I’m sorry, Ash. It’s just Calum has been upsetting me lately, and I’m obviously not handling it so well.” I admitted to him, avoiding his gaze at first. Ashton let out a lengthy sigh, walking further into my room before sitting down next to me on the bed.

            “What’s he doing?”

            “He’s just being a huge douche to me,” I went on, “he’s been insulting me every chance he gets. I thought he would have gotten over the kiss right now.”