Chapter 25

When I woke up the room was cold. This made me open my eyes and look at the spot beside me on my bed. Drake was nowhere to be seen. I was alone.

I looked out the window and saw that the sun was well into the sky. Drake probably had to leave and I just slept through his goodbye.

Letting out a sigh, I forced myself to sit up. It wasn't hard since all the blankets that had been on me during the night were already on the floor. I placed my feet on the freezing cold marble and shivered. Leaving the bed a mess, I went into the bathroom and did everything I needed. I walked out, unable to keep still due to the cold, then went into the closet. I couldn't find any jeans so I summoned a pair. I then put on an oversized cream sweater and a thick pair of socks.

Now warm, I went back to my bed. I began making the bed and within a few minutes, I found a note. I put the paper to the side and finished making the bed. Once I was done with the simple task, I picked up the note.

Had to go to my office. Make sure you're well-rested.

-Drake

I let out a sigh and put the paper down. I don't feel like reading today. What am I supposed to do? I guess I could go find Taylor. That's better than sitting around and doing nothing.

With my mind made up I walked out of my room. I went down the long hallways. I made all the turns to get to where I thought Taylor might be. As I walked past Drake's office I heard a lot of yelling. I stopped and all thoughts of finding Taylor went to the back of my mind. I changed my course and went through the door.

Drake was sitting at his desk looking bored while Baylor and Cato argued loudly. Their words were clashing and I couldn't tell what they were trying to say. Their yelling was so loud that they didn't hear me come in. I stayed by the door for a while, just enjoying the show. Soon I caught Drake's eye while he surveyed the room from boredom.

We smiled at each other as the two continued to yell back and forth. Baylor eventually caught on to the fact that his king wasn't listening and stopped yelling. Once he did so he realized that I was in the room.

Cato continued yelling nonsense until he realized that his voice was the only one that could be heard. He promptly stopped talking and his eyes landed on me. The prince's cheeks turned a bit pink and he asked, "How much of that did you hear?"

I shrugged and replied, "I heard a lot... but nothing that made sense." I walked over to Drake and stood behind him. I put my hands on his shoulders and he placed his right hand over mine.

"It didn't make sense cause your little human mind can't comprehend it," Baylor grumbled from frustration and anger.

I glared and summoned a small iron ball. I made sure the dangerous metal didn't touch Drake as I held it in my hand. I then tossed the ball to Baylor which made the old man's reflexes kick in and forced him to catch it. The iron met the skin on his hands with a searing sizzle. Smoke floated up from his hands and he yelped as he quickly dropped the ball. As the man shook his hands, desperately trying to soothe the pain, the smell of burnt flesh drifted up through the air. I waited until he was still and his tear-filled eyes met mine. I then summoned a healing patch and threw it down by his feet. "I'd change that answer of yours, Baylor. Obviously, I'm not human," I told him.

I could see Cato looking at me with horror from the corner of my eye. I didn't know what Drake's reaction was, but I'm assuming it was nothing since he was in king mode. "I suggest you apologize to your queen and politely leave," Drake remarked in a monotone voice.

"But... your majesty... the issue is urgent," Baylor argued.

I could feel Drake's body heat up and he snapped at Baylor, "And the issue will be dealt with... without you."