Morning Glares

You know that feeing that you are missing something, but no matter how much you search, you just can't find it?

He kissed me.

My lips and his lips did the smoochy-smooch.

It lasted what felt like forever. I didn't even see it coming. Maybe he had bipolar disorder. One second it was like, "I will not hesitate to kill you." The next thing I knew his tongue went down my throat.

What a dick move.

  "Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever, it is the best sports movie ever made!" Jackson tries persuading Lydia as he glances in my direction for help.

  Hell no! I am not getting in between her and Ryan Gosling. No matter how over-rated he is.

  "No." She simply replies.

Jackson eagerly tries again, "It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper!"

Who even are they?

  "No."

   "Lydia, I swear to God, you're gonna like it."

   "No."

  Jackson puffs up his chest. Oh no. "I am not watching The Notebook again."

  Some how he ends up making me get out of the car to go in with him. "Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" Jackson calls out, while I try not to laugh.

  "Hello? Is anybody working here?"

Something is not right? What is that smell?

    "Jackson, let's just go to my house and pick up my copy."

  "So you can give it to us and pretend to be sleepy, so you don't have to be tortured by the gross romance scenes?" Jackson scoffs.

  "I promise-" I begin before I feel a sharp pain in my head.

  Son of a bitch!

~~~~~~~~~~~

So bright.

"What the fuck?" I groan, lifting my hand up to cover my eyes. The fuck? Why is there a flashlight shining right in my eyes? Jerks.

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine." I hear Jackson's annoyed voice.

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion... They said Kara needs to go to the hospital." I look to see Stiles' dad trying to calm Jackson down.

What even happened? It feels like someone bust my head open with a baseball bat. That was on fire. From Hell.

Jackson snidely remarks, "What part of "I'm fine" are you having a problem grasping? Okay, I want to go home and I am taking Kara with me... She hates hospitals." He adds the last part in quietly.

"And I understand that--"

"No, you don't understand that, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop like you! Okay, now, I want to go home!"

"Jackson." I say and he immediately whips his head into my direction.

"Kara." His gaze softens.

"What happened?"

"Someone threw a brick at your head."

"That's not so bad." I say trying to lift my head.

"No. They threw a cement brick at your head. The EMT's said you are lucky to be alive." Jackson makes me lay back down.

  "This is lame. I want to go home" I whine.

Jackson smirks at me and wipes away... Dirt? Is there dirt on my face?  "Yah! Don't touch the money maker!" I smack his hand away and he rolls his eyes.

  "Where's Lydia?" I ask, as I hear Stiles' distinct voice.

"Oh, whoa! Is that a dead body?"

What is he even here for?

  "Jackson. Take me home." I say and he looks back to me and nods his head. "And then get a check up at a hospital." He groans and is about to protest, but I but in. "Please? For me?"

  "Fine." He sighs and shakes his head, lifting me up.