Chapter 1

Living in Beacon Hills can be awful.

   Especially if your dad is the coach for lacrosse and the athletics.

   My dad literally chases away the boys from me.

Of course that's expected when he didn't even know I existed until last year.

Flashback

"Hey Kara!" I hear the familiar voice of Greenberg. Oh great. What does he want?

  "Yes." I turn around, from watching lacrosse practice. Dad is really working the boys with suicide runs today. "Can I help you?"

   "Actually. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a da-"

"GREENBERG? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" My dad screams running towards us. I burst out laughing as soon as Greenberg runs for his life, away from my dad.

  "Run, Greenberg, Run!" I say, copying Jenny from 'Forest Gump.'

  "You better be running." Dad says chasing him.

Flashback over.

It's hard being the only girl without a date, or a boyfriend, or any friends at this school.

Dad has assigned all the lacrosse players to look out for me with boys. Said, and I quote, "Whoever asks my daughter out, will be doing suicide runs to death."

   I think it's a little exaggerated. All the boys at high school see me as off limits. Which is what excites them more.

  Stupid boys.

Of course being a werewolf doesn't help my case....

This county is messed up. At my old School I was just another teen with stupid teenage problems.

   Now... Now I am The Coaches Daughter; A challenge all to it's self.

   I laugh out loud a little, causing my father to turn to me. "Did I miss something?"

"No I was just thinking about all the people who give you strange looks."

"You scare me sometimes, have a great day kiddo." He shakes his head, heading off to his classroom, while I walk to my locker.

   "Hey there." I hear the familiar voice of Jackson, the closest thing I have to a friend. Dad 'assigned' him to my 'protection against boys like Greenberg' detail.

  "Hey. You know, a simple 'hello' or 'hi' works." I say grabbing my bag and shoving it into my locker. "Where is Lydia?"

   "She is not here yet." He simply replies, shrugging his shoulders.

  "I can't wait for lacrosse tryouts."

"Why is that? Thinking of trying out?" Jackson raises his eyebrows.

   "Pfft. Like Coach would let me." I laugh.

"You are better than most of the boys out there."

   "Not better than you though, Jax." I smile.

"I don't know." Danny comes out of nowhere. "You are pretty good." 

   "That doesn't matter. Coach would never put me on. Precious Cargo is how he would say it."

   "Maybe your right. Or maybe you like being treated like a china doll." Jackson rolls his eyes and looks up. "Lydia is here." Jackson walks away.

Okay. Be rude. I swear teenagers these days, with their 'love' and 'technology.' They are out to ruin America...

I think I have been spending way to much time with dad.

  "Lets go Danny. Before all the good seats are taken." I drag Danny into the classroom.

   I take a seat beside the window, and by Stiles Stilinski. He is on the lacrosse team, or hangs out with them anyway... I am not sure.

   "H-Hello. Are you sitting by me? Did you mean to? Do you want me to move or-"

   "You are fine where you are." I shyly reply looking over to where he looks to nervously. Scott McCall.

   Scott looks at Stiles with a a smirkish kind of grin.

  I sniff the air in a pause. It's crazy, it's like there is another werewolf.

  "Would you like me to move or-" I begin, but Stiles replies instantly.

"No! I mean yes, I mean stay! But not like in an obsessive-" I cut him off with my laughter.

   "Hahaha! Your adorable, Stiles, but it's just a seat. I can go sit by Danny if you want." I reply. Geesh! Now where is Danny? Oh, I found him... Dang! He is already sitting beside Jackson.

   "No, it's fine that you're sitting there." Scott McCall finally inputs.

  "Thank you." I put my stuff back down and sit, waiting for the teacher, while I doodle in my sketchbook.

"As you know there was indeed a body found in the woods last night." The teacher begins to talk. Bleh.

   "I am sure your little minds are coming up with macabre scenarios as to what happened. I am here to tell you that the police have the suspect in custody."

Wait. A body?

"Which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus on your desk, which in outlining the semester."

   What?! Class work already? Can't we just-

The principle walks in with a new girl, interrupting the teacher. "Class, this is Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." The principle leaves the room, while she is standing there like a fish out of water.

   She gazes around the room to find a seat behind Scott. Huh. Maybe they will become star-crossed lovers.

  You can never be to sure.

  Wait, a Argent? Like the hunters?

    Oh shitoki mushrooms.