Ehh. Maybe yes.

I arrive a bit late at the bowling alley and am quite confused with my date that Lydia has set me up with.

  "Hi Kara. My name is Clyde." The stranger with lovely green eyes smiles at me.

"Hi." I squeak out, and see Lydia smirk and wink at me.

  Oh she so knows me.

"Why don't we continue. Since you are late Kara, Clyde and yourself can wait to bowl until next game." Lydia smiles at me. "Until then, why don't you guys get to know each other." Lydia winks at him.

  "Uh, sure." I reply and sit down and Clyde take the seat next to me.

  "What has happened so far?" I gesture towards Scott and Allison at Clyde.

  He chuckles and scoots closer, "Well Scott and Allison are losing. It turns out that Scott sucks."

  "You look like you know what you're doing..." Scott nervously tells Allison.

"I'm so bad at this." Lydia lies to Jackson. I know she is good. Is she trying to lose?

Jackson smirks and bowls perfectly. No surprise there.

"Somebody brought their A-game." Lydia cheers.

  "She a cheerleader?" Clyde whispers in my ear.

"No." I laugh at his question.

"Good job." I hear Scott say as Clyde and I continue to talk.

"You're up, McCall." Jackson states

LLISON: "You can do it, Scott... Jackson? Mind shutting up?" Allison snaps at Jackson.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just flashing back to the words, "I'm a great bowler..."

  "Maybe he just needs a little warm-up."

"Yeah. Maybe he just needs the kiddy bumpers." Jackson smarts off.

"Just... just aim for the middle."

"How about you aim for anything except for the gutter?"

"Let him concentrate." Allison sneers.

  This is better than my tele novelas.

"Come on, just one pin, please..." I hear Scott mutter. Maybe I should take over for him.

  "Great job, McCall! Man, you are a pro." Jackson is so rude sometimes.

"Don't worry. We only just started."

"So Clyde. How do you know Lydia, actually?" I raise an eyebrow and je smiles sheepishly.

"Well she told me not to tell you, but we met at the library."

  "The library? As in the town library? The place where old people go to reminisce?" I laugh.

"Yeah.."

   "And what pray tell where you doing there?" I smirk at him as he rubs the back of his neck in anxiety.

"I was working on a rough draft of my history report for the French Renaissance."

"Hmm. And you can't do that online?"

"Well. I could but what would be the fun in that?"

  "And since when have you known you were gay?"

"12... Oh shit. You are good." He smirks at me.

  "I know." I smirk back. If I didn't have my gaydar going off I would say I like this guy... But alas. All the good ones are.

  Clyde and I continue to talk as everyone is bowling around us and soon the games are over and it is time to leave.

"Well this has been a pleasent time."

"Yeah. If you want me to hook you up with someone, I know this amazing guy on the lacrosse team that would definitely go out with you... Or at least..."

  "I might have to take you up on that offer." He smiles, before looking at his watch.

  "I guess I should head home." I say and walk towards Jackson and Lydia.

  "By Kara!" He yells as he gets in his own car.

"By!" I yell at him as I next to Jackson.

"So how did it go?" Jackson asks cold faced.

"He's gay." I huff.

"What? Really? I knew he was checking me out earlier." Jackson realizes.

  "Oh my lord, Jackson! Well at least I found another hook up for Danny." I laugh.

ΩΩΩΩΩ
Hey Waffle Fires 🔥

How's it going? Are you eating well? Do you get enough sleep? Staying hydrated?

  Remember. Hydrate before you Die-drate.

  Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! Or not. It's your life.