Chapter 2

"Kara!" Mrs.Seins calls to me before I can exit the room.

"Yes?"

"Would you like some extra volunteer hours?"

"Depends on what it is." I reply wearily. School just began. Who can be failing already?

"Would you mind tutoring one of my other students. He is failing and I need his grades better for the coach." I knew it! I knew someone was failing. Maybe it is Jackson.

"Of course. It's not Jackson, is it?" I know Jackson said he was going to try harder with his grades this year.

"No, it's Scott McCall." Scott McCall? He use to be one of the best students. Whats going on with him?

🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

I take my time walking to the field seeing that coach has already started practice.

I see Lydia talking to the new girl up in the bleachers.

Looks like Lydia finally found someone decent to be a friend, besides me.

I might have to avoid her a bit. Can never be to careful, with trying not to die and everything. Argents are sneaky little werewolf killers.

Coach smiles brightly when he sees me and waves me over, after blowing his whistle.

Oww! What the hell? I am so going to steal that.

I cringe a bit, but keep a smile on my face.

"Hey. Thought you were going to the hospital, for volunteering after school." He says continuing to watch the boys.

"I was, but one of my teachers asked me to tutor one of your players. I thought I would just come and set up study sessions."

"Okay. Which one?"

"McCall." I say and at the same time I see the goalie fall after getting hit by the ball.

"Oh. He is right there." Coach says pointing at the goalie.

McCall gets up with a pep in his step. Another player starts running trying to make a goal, but Scott catches it swiftly.

"Impressive." I say to coach, who shrugs.

Scott continues to catch the ball throughout practice.

Stiles from behind me, starts cheering him on shouting, "That's my best friend!"

Why isn't Stiles out there? Is Stiles actually on the team or is he here for support?

Stiles runs out and tackles Scott with a hug when practice ends. Are they together?

"Scott!" I call out and his head turns to me. "Hey, uh I was told I am tutoring you." I smile huffing a breath.

"Oh yeah." He says, while smirking at Stiles. Stiles seems to be looking at something in awe. I look over my shoulder to see Lydia and the new girl. Maybe he has a crush on Lydia.

"You are welcome to join us in the sessions Stilinski." I say after I notice Scott whisper about me into Stiles' ear.

"Okay." Stiles smiles at me.

"Anyway, this is my phone number. Call me to set something up, and if you lose it, ask your mom for it." I ramble on.

"My mom?" Scott asks amused.

"Yeah, I volunteer at the hospital with Melissa. She talks about you boys non-stop." I smile. Scott nods his head and Stiles in still staring.

I sniff the air a bit and I can sense the smell from earlier. Maybe I am going crazy. I don't see any werewolves...

"Oh, I am sorry. I forgot my manners. I am Kara Finstock." I greet Stiles politely.

"I know. I am Stiles." He rushes out quickly. Maybe if I can get closer I can find out.

"I know." I laugh. "I guess I should go and let you guys get back to your night. Nice meeting you Stiles and Scott." I pull Stiles into a hug sensing nothing put of the ordinary. I then pull Scott into a hug and BAM! Found him.

"Bye guys." Smiling, I walk away mentally face palming.

I am so stupid. I literally sit beside them first period. Gah!

🕶🕶🕶🕶🕶🕶🕶

"Hey Melissa." I say walking to desk, setting my backpack down.

"How was school?"

"Fine. I met Scott and Stiles today." I laugh a little.

"Oh, what did they do?"

"Nothing bad. They were sweet. I was actually asked to tutor Scott." I reply smiling.

"Oh, thank god."

"Anyway, what is there today?"

"Not much. Can you take care of the Hale room? His nurse took the day off."

"Sure." I reply. "What does he need?"

"Just some comfort."

"Alrighty." I say heading to his room.

As soon as I walk in, my smile disappears. This poor man.

My mom told me stories of how he became like this.

"How are you today Peter?" I ask. "I imagine it must hurt, forget I asked." I shudder. "It's okay. It's just Kara again. I am going to the Hale house today again with flowers. Someone needs to take care of the house." I smile sadly.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Hello lovely readers!

Hope you enjoy the book.

Please feel free to leave comments, questions, concerns.