Cant have a good end

Endings suck. They are always predictable or they end in a dumb way.

I hope Lydia is back. Or at the very least, Jackson is back to being sane.

   "Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison. Must stay away from Allison. Just stay away from Allison--" I hear Scott repeat as he walks beside me. The hell? Is no one sane?

"Stay away from Jackson. Just stay away from Jackson--" Did I miss something? I mean, I know I went home early, but I couldn't have missed that much.

"Hey, Scott." Lydia greets Scott.

Wait... Lydia? The fuck? Am I really in my own head that much? Noooooo...

"Kara? Are you okay?" Jackson asks, approaching me.

"Y-yeah. I was a little drowsy the last time you saw me. Just needed some pain killers and rest."

"I know what you mean." Lydia agrees with me, as Jackson still looks at me in concern.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, better than ever." I smile.

"Oh! About the whole boyfriend thing-" Lydia starts.

"This again?" Jackson groans.

"Yeah. There isn't a reason why I have to be single forever." I roll my eyes at him.

  "So are you just going to date the next guy that asks you out?" He asks in anger and some other emotion I can't tell.

"Well maybe... I don't know!" I throw my hands in the air. "I am just tired of being the only left out! You guys have each other, Scott has Allison... And maybe Stiles, I am still wondering if I ship it." I add in thought. Maybe Stiles and Derek? Scott seems to be too interested in Allison.

"Kara. Trust me, you aren't alone." Jackson smiles at me.

"Thanks Jackson." I smile.

Lydia clears her throat, breaking our eye contact. "It's time for class, sweet." Lydia loops her arm through Jackson's.

I look down to the ground and roll my eyes. I need to get a grip. "You guys go ahead, I am gonna go to the bathroom real quick."

"You okay?" Jackson asks.

"Yeah, just a headache." I smile and walk away. As soon as they are out of sight I place my hand on my head and sigh. Stupid! Get a grip!

Ugh. I can already tell this is going to be a great day.

**************

"This is not gonna be easy..." Scott trails off.

"What are we doing out here again?" I ask sitting in the ground, as I hand Stiles a heart monitor.

"Okay. Now, put this on." He tells Scott.

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, I borrowed it." Stiles points out.

"Stole it." Scott points out.

"Temporarily misappropriated!"

"Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." Stiles inform us.

"Isn't that Coach's phone?"

"That... I stole."

"Actually, you had me get it. It wasn't that hard. I just told him that Greenburg was following me around all day." I laugh.

"And that worked?" Scott asks.

"Like a charm." Poor Greenburg, nah he deserves it.

"Why?" Scott asks referring to why we got it for him.

"All right, well, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right? When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry... Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate."

"Like The Incredible Hulk?"

"Kind of like The Incredible Hulk, yeah." Stiles shrugs.

"No, I'm like The Incredible Hulk!"

Pfft, men.

"Would you shut up and put the strap on?"

"That's a little suggestive Stiles." I smirk.

"You know what I meant!"

"This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period..." Scott sighs as he put the heart monitor on.

"All right. You ready?"

"No."

"Remember-- don't get angry." Stiles almost smiles.

"I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea." Scott whines and I roll my eyes.

  "Oh, man. Okay, that one kind of hurt..." He says as a ball hits him.

   "Quiet. Remember, you're supposed to be thinking about your heart rate, all right? About staying calm." I think Stiles is enjoying this way too much.

   "Stay calm. Staying calm. Staying totally calm. There's no balls flying at my face--" Scott chants as another ball hits him. "AHHH! Son of a bitch!"

  "Language!" I yell at him. "This is a PG-15 rated field!"

   This is amusing. I should have brought popcorn.

   "You know what? I think my aim is actually improving."

   "I actually think it is." I shrug my shoulders. "I might to have update coach about you. If you keep practicing like this, you will be on first line in no time."

"Really?" Stiles perks up.

  "Wonder why..." Scott asks sarcastically.

   "Don't get angry." Stiles mocks him.

   "I'm not getting angry."

   "Stop. Just-- can we just hold--" Scott exclaims after almost yells out in anger as a ball hits him in a bit so nice place. Scott's breathing becomes heavier and he is really close to changing.

   "Scott?... Scott, you started to change--" Stiles eases up to him.

   "From anger. But it was more than that-- it was like, the angrier I got, the stronger I felt."

   "No it is anger, then. Derek's right." Derek is not right, he just wants everyone to be alone like him.

    "I can't be around Allison." Lame.

"Just because she makes you happy?"

   "No... Because she makes me weak." Scott says seriously.

  "Welp. Good luck with this shit, I am going to the cafeteria to see if they have any hidden stashes of ice cream left."

   "Our cafeteria doesn't have any ice cream." Stiles raises his eyebrows.

  "Not for you." I roll my eyes and flip my hair, making my way back into the school.

  "Kara! Do you wanna go together? No? Okay!" I hear Stiles say behind me getting quieter with his words. Almost as if he didn't want me to hear him. I probably wouldn't have heard him if I didn't have supernatural hearing.

   Interesting.