Don't Go To A Place I Can't Reach Pt. 1

I am so done with school today. Which is why ended up at the hospital, helping Melissa. How fun it is to volunteer at the hospital. If I don't end up with a health care profession, I don't know why I have put so many volunteer hours in.

   "Hey, can you check on Jennifer? She has been looking really stressed lately. Normally I wouldn't ask you to do it, but I just got paged."

"Yeah, of course, I was just heading to check on her. I brought you guys some coffee, because you all look awfully tired." I say smiling, and she gives me a look of "oh really?" 

  "I meant that in the nicest way possible." I say.

  "Yeah, yeah, she is in the Hale room."

   "Okay-dokey." I smile at her, and head there. 

"Let him go!" I hear Jennifer yell. "You think after six years of this, yelling at him is going to get a response?"

 "Got a better method?" Derek asks frustrated.

"Patience . He'll respond if you give him the time."

"I don't have any more time." Derek mutters. 

   "Derek? Never thought I would see you here, harassing a nurse." I walk in the room, and see a worried and panicked looking Jennifer, checking Peter Hale's STATS. 

    Derek looks at me in question. "I am not harassing her. I am simply inquiring about my uncle." He smirks.

  "Sure. Let's pretend I believe you." I flash a fake smile at him and turn away, now facing Jennifer. "Jennifer, Melissa told me to check on you, see if there is anything I can do to assist you. She was worried about how tired you looked." 

   "Oh, uh, actually... I am fine. Just having a hard time sleeping. Just worry about your studies." She smiles at me. 

   "Okay. If you say so." I shrug my shoulders, and head out of the room, without looking or worrying about what Derek is doing. 

   I am so taking this rejection well. I am totally rocking it. I deserve a freaking award.

     Wander what Scott and Stiles are doing... Maybe I should call them.

   "Hey Stiles!" I exclaim after he picks up on the first ring. 

"K-Kara? You're calling me?" 

   "Yeah, I was wandering if Scott wanted to have a tutoring session tonight, and if so, could you join? I kind of haven't been caught up on all the school work recently. You know, with the mountain lion and everything."

    "Uh, absolutely, I would love to be with you- I mean study with you, but I am in the middle of getting detention. Do you think I can call or text you back if I can? I mean- If you want to cancel you can. I-"

   "Yeah, just get back to me." I smile at his jabbering and run-ons. 

"Really? Great. That's great! You're great!" He exclaims. 

    "Thanks, you are great too? Anyway, I will let you get back to what you were doing before."

----------

After a few hours I got a text from Scott to meet him and Stiles at the school. Which is odd, because Stiles was suppose to text me. Maybe Stiles is just annoyed with me. I mean, I can be pretty intimidating with my father as the coach and everything. It is probably why he is so nervous around me. 

   Why are we meeting at the high school? Isn't it suppose to be locked, it's pretty dumb that they leave it unlocked. I mean, anyone can enter. Even the homeless, or people that want to obstruct our classrooms.