Chapter 3

Back to present

He walked out the car, coming over to my side and opening the door for me, holding his hand out. I looked up at him as I unbuckled my seatbelt, taking his hand graciously and standing up. He let go with a small smirk that made my heart flutter, turning around and closing the car door but really just so that I could recollect my sanity.

We walked inside, three of his guards following us. It was really unsettling, especially since they've been trailing behind us even before we got to his place. My mind trailed off and questions flooded my mind, but one specifically lingering. Who the hell is this guy, and what does he do that he needs to be this damn secure?

We walked through the door which was, mind you, VERY tall. A lot taller than him, and he was taller than Abby, so. Just imagine how damn tall this door is. My eyes glanced from the door, to the inside of the house, to his... gorgeous body, to the floor. This is overwhelming..

He was about 6' tall and built with a slim frame. And yet despite this, he was still relatively muscular and when I held his hand, it was almost as if mine were a toddler's. He led me upstairs, my eyes staring at the portraits of him with some people that I assume are his family.

Thank god that not a single picture had a wife or girlfriend in them

Thank god that not a single picture had a wife or girlfriend in them. Besides, if there was any woman in the photo, they were either a lot older or a lot younger. One most likely around 40 and the other probably 15. They were his mom and sister I bet.

I stray a bit from him and go up to one of the pictures, gently touching the frame. The frame was gorgeous, being gold and with a vine like design to it. The photo it contained was of a group of people all laughing. And him with a neutral, almost disappointed even, look on his face. He was just off to the side.

"This.. Is this your family?" I asked, turning back to look at him. He was a few feet away from me, not noticing that I was gone until I asked him that question. To which he stopped his tracks immediately, turning to look at me when he finally noticed that I wasn't following behind him. His brow furrowed for a moment before he walked over to me, finally speaking.

"Yes.. That's my mother, Ginerva, and my father, Francesco. Those two would be my sister and brother, of course.." He stood beside me and paused, looking down into my eyes. "Your sister is very beautiful." She looked exactly like him, just with a different hair color. She had the same eyes as him though.

"She went missing. That's the last picture I have of her." WHAT? My eyes widened immediately and my head snapped, my eyes staring straight into his. The shock froze my body for a moment and the guilt sank in. "oh my god. I didn't mean to bring up your sister, I'm so sorry, really-." I didn't know what to do at this point beside apologize, I felt terrible!

"It happened a long time ago, it's fine." He looked back into me, placing a hand on my head, ruffling my hair a bit before going down and gently holding my cheek. "How about you and your family?" My face clearly showed that I was in disbelief. Was he just trying to change the topic or does he actually not care about his sister? His face showed that he was genuinely curious so I relaxed a bit, knowing he wasn't upset.