Chapter 27: Ethan

"I'm finishing up and I will be there to pick you up in about two hours," I tell Story through the speaker of my cell.

Hanging up I start cleaning off my desk. Story's birthday is tomorrow and I'm taking her to Belize. She has been a little down since her New York shoot. She keeps saying everything is fine but I can tell something is bothering her.

Knock knock

I look up and see Tia standing at the door.

"What's up?" I ask. She smiles and walks further into my office closing the door behind her. She fidgets with her fingers like she's nervous. I'm not sure what has been going on with her but for the last few months, things have been different with her.

"Tia, What's up?"

"Ummm...do you have any disinfectant spray."

"Sure," I tell her standing up from my desk walking in the closet behind me. "You sure that's all you wanted, you seem a little nervous?" I have to walk to the back of the large walk-in closet. It's on the back shelf where I keep all of the extra cleaning supplies.

When I walk out of the closet, Tia is naked sitting on my desk with her legs spread open. She has one finger in her mouth I guess trying to give me a sexy pose.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-yell and turn around quickly. "Put your fucking clothes on and get your ass off my desk."

"Why? I thought this is what you like. I've been giving you subtle hints that I was into you for over a year, but you never caught on.

At first, I thought it was because you were like the only faithful man in the world until I came back here and saw you fucking that chic on this desk." She snorts as she smacks her hand on my desk. "So, what's the big deal? I can keep a secret."

I rub my hands down my face still giving her my back. "First, I fell in love with that chic, who is now my wife. I would never cheat on her. Secondly, even if that's what I did I would never fuck with one of my employees, so put your clothes on and get the fuck out of my office."

She doesn't say anything but I hear moving around. When I twist my head I see that she is putting on her dress. I let out a long breath. When she looks up at me I see tears falling down her face. I don't say shit because I'm not sure what is and isn't appropriate to do in this situation. As soon as I can get her out of my office I'm calling Matthew. Hell, he'll know what to do.

I'm watching her as she stares back at me while she fixes her wrinkled black dress. Her bottom lip trembles slightly - in any other situation I would comfort her, but I'm not going near her. I can not take the chance of her thinking anything other than what I said.

"So.." Is the first word that she speaks as the room grows more uncomfortable by the minute. "...so, I can't have a chance to show you that I'm the better woman?"

I open my mouth then shut it. The last thing I want is to piss her off and make this situation worse than what it already is.

"Look I'm sorry if I've made you feel anything other than friendship...that was not my intention. I also want to apologize for what you saw. That was not at all professional." I sigh as quietly as possible because I need this to go over smoothly. I don't need any new problems. She hasn't responded; she's just watching me with hopeful eyes. "But I have a very strict policy to never have anything sexual with my employees." Tia's hopeful eyes dim a little. I can't tell if she is angry or sad. Her pale skin looks lifeless as she examines me for something, but I'm not sure what. I'm keeping a very stern blank expression in place.

"I think I should quit. It would be better for everyone. I like you a lot and I'm not sure how to deal with this rejection."

"Yes," I mentally shout still keeping the same blank expression. "I'm not firing you, but if that's what you feel is best...I won't try to stop you."