Chapter 40: Stomach Hot vs Six Hot

Time flew by quickly. After entering into autumn, it soon reached the end of October. Today was Halloween, and Qi Zhifan and Wei Han were just shopping when they saw that some shops were decorated with jack-o'-lanterns outside. Qi Zhifan's complexion was a bit poor.

Knowing that he was afraid of ghosts, Wei Han secretly smiled and looked down at his watch again. "Odd Trouble, I have a mission tonight. It's starting at six o'clock."

Qi Zhifan brows wrinkled unhappily. "What are you going to do?"

"Just being a security guard for the rich. It's nothing, don't worry. Heheh, instead, big brother is a bit worried about you." Wei Han laughed. "In a moment, you should go home first. Without me to accompany you at night and being alone, you should obediently hide in bed, and definitely must not come out, haha."

Qi Zhifan: "......"

On top of the luxury yacht tonight, Mr. Wang, the boss of Qi'ao Enterprise, was hosting a masquerade for his baby daughter.

Qi'ao Enterprise had been developing smoothly in recent years. It was said that this year's profits had hit a record high of 80 percent. Miss Wang was in her early twenties and, as a celebrity in the business world, she naturally attracted a lot of gentleman brothers who'd come here. There were also some young and promising company presidents who'd brought along their richly-attired female companions to attend.

All of them were influential business representatives or descendants of entrepreneurs who had a certain influence in S City and even in the country. Therefore, they also attracted some reporters. When they were on the yacht, the rush of reporters kept pressing the camera in their hands, afraid of missing some wonderful moment.

However, as soon as the ball started, the reporters were locked out.

In the past week, President Wang had often received threatening letters. His appearance was very calm, but in fact, it would be impossible to say that he was not panicking at all. Not wanting the outside world to know, President Wang had secretly contacted the police in private and asked them to investigate the matter.

So tonight, in addition to the rich and powerful President Zong's personal bodyguards, there were also Wei Han and the other police officers to serve as security.

Wei Han and Jiang Chengrui stood in the doorway, maintaining order while checking for suspicious elements. But everyone wore masks and many bizarre dresses, such as witches fully-garbed in black, beautiful Snow Whites, vampire dukes revealing two fangs and so on.

The entire dance hall was filled with a strange atmosphere. No matter who Wei Han and Jiang Chengrui looked at, they were all very suspicious. Looking again, they all looked normal.

Suddenly, Jiang Chengrui beside Wei Han coldly snorted, "Hmph, that damned pervert really also came."

When Wei Han heard this, his immediate reaction was that it was Pei Yuyang. "Where? Where?"

Jiang Chengrui pointed his finger forward to the left and spat out, "It's that one over there wearing a vampire mask, the guy who's laughing with a wretched face."

Wei Han's gaze followed it over. His figure was indeed similar. "Little Jiang, are you sure it's him?"

"Yeah, I'd recognize him even if he turned to ash."

Wei Han couldn't help but deeply sigh. "Worthy to be called Young Master Pei. I see that he's been talking with that man all along. Is it one of his older brothers?"

Jiang Chengrui nodded. "Should be. Following his older brother to join in the fun and conveniently fool around with other women."

Wei Han heard this and was immediately surprised. "Little Jiang, don't think this way ah. Maybe Pei Yuyang was forced by his father to come here. His father seems very fierce."