I want to dream with you

You were currently in bed, within the Future Foundation and couldn't fall asleep. Something was missing. You needed her warmth, her touch, and her presence to fall asleep.

It was getting late, but you still took a chance and went to her dorm.

You knocked.

No answer...

And that's when it hit, she's probably still working. It was almost midnight, but she was known as someone who'd work at that kind of hour. So you slowly dragged yourself to her office and knocked on her office door. You heard a tired sounding "come in".

When you walked in, Kyoko was surrounded by piles of documents and a half-empty mug of coffee. "Did you need something?" she said while not even looking up from her document. "It's almost midnight, you should rest if you want to keep going tomorrow."  You said while laying your head against the door frame. "I have to finish this before." You walked over to the couch in her office and sat down, "Then I'll wait until you finish." She rubbed her temples, "But you need to sleep, didn't you said you had a lot to do tomorrow?" You rolled your eyes, "Didn't I just tell you the exact same thing, plus I can't fall asleep." "Why is that?" "Because you aren't by my side", you said making a pouting face. For the first time since you entered her office, she looked at you, "Y/N, you know even if we're together, I don't want anyone to think I'm favouring you... I can't risk someone to see us..." "I know, but I miss being able to sleep with you, I need you." You look at the floor, fidgeting with your fingers, "Can we say this time only?" She sighed, "Fine, give me ten minutes, I'll come to your room."

You smiled, "I'll be waiting then." You walked back to your room feeling happier. As soon as you opened the door you plopped on the bed. A couple of minutes went by and the door opened to Kyoko with her clothes and a small bag. You looked at her and smile. "Why are you smiling," she asked while changing. "Because I was able to drag you out of your office and bring you in my room." She rolled her eyes and disappeared into the bathroom coming back out. She laid down beside you and immediately wrapped your arms around her, hiding your face in her chest. You sighed in comfort and mumbled, "This is exactly what I needed." She gave you a kiss on top of your head petting it. "Love you, Kyoko,"  She chuckled, "Love you too Y/N, Goodnight", slowly falling asleep you mumbled into her chest, " 'night." She wrapped her arms around you, rubbing your back gently, your eyes slowly closing from what she was doing. You knew with her, you were safe. She was your safe place.

A/N: This is kind of a rewrite of a one-shot I did in my other book, but  I really like it.

503 words