₀₄. 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

[your pov]

kaya wilde was someone i despised since my first year. she always found a way to pick on me and i never was sure why. i concluded that it must have been because of my geekiness but i wasn't so sure that that was an excuse to pick on anyone. i ran away outside all the way to the lake. mattheo had followed me the entire time. he sat down next to me on the ground and handed me his black denim jacket. i put it on.

"i'm so sorry about kaya," he apologized, "she's kinda—"

"it's not your fault." i replied.

he stared at my lips for a while, "you know– i never got that second kiss."

i smiled and blushed, nervously playing with my hair.

he leaned in again, softly putting his lips on mine. it was a short but sweet kiss i endured so very much.

as he pulled away, i whispered, "why do you like me, mattheo?"

"well– for starters, you're gorgeous."

"yeah, right now i am." i sighed, looking down.

but he lifted my face up, "you're beautiful all the time."

i blushed again and he lightly touched my hand.

"i also like a girl who knows what she wants." he grabbed my hand.

before my palms could start sweating, i let go, "i– i should go find mel."

"i think she's just fine," mattheo laid down, staring at the night sky, "she's probably with blaise."

"lay down next to me." he continued.

i did what he said and he put his arm around me as we stared into the sky, at the stars. he turned to me, breathlessly, "i'll never hurt you."

i wasn't so sure why he had even said that but i just went with it and smiled.

"can i ask you something?" he inquired, biting his lip.

"anything."

"you have a mom right?"

i nodded.

"how's it like? you know– having a mother?"

i felt so bad for him.

"your mom–"

"she died," he said, "some witch killed her."

"i'm so sorry, mattheo." i sympathized.

"it's okay," he replied, "i guess i just never really knew her. i never really knew what a mom was for. she died when i was five. i've had a pretty rough childhood."

"not to mention the daddy issues that follow me around." he continued.

"tell me about it–" i added, "my dad expects so much from me. i know he's just looking out for my future but i still feel pressured– like i need to–"

"prove something." he finished my sentence.

"yeah." i replied as he took out a cigarette and started smoking.

"you know– i don't even know your last name. i bet you know mine."

i rolled my eyes, "promise you won't freak out."

"i promise."

"my last name is potter."

his eyes widened, "as in– your dad is– harry potter?!"

"yes." i confirmed.

"and your mom is ginny potter–"

i nodded.

"they're legends. they're after my d– i mean lord–"

"he-who-shall-not-be-named," i said before he could say voldemort's name, "yes, they are."

"it all makes sense now."

"what are you talking about?" i asked completely confused.

"n– nevermind," he responded, standing up, "i better go. i don't want clinton to get a blackout again."

i stood up, still wrapped in his oversized jacket.

he looked back at me and caressed my cheek, "i like you, eevee. a lot."

i smiled, "i like you too."

did i just say that? it was something i never thought i would get the courage to say.

"i guess i'll see you tomorrow– you know– in charms."

"oh yeah– i almost forgot we had–"

he shut me up by kissing me again; hardly this time.

i wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him for much longer than we had ever kissed before.

...

melody never came back to my common room. it was 8:30 am and i still had no idea where she was. i was worried about her but i just hoped that blaise was with her. i sat in charms, patiently waiting for melody to take her seat next to me. but instead of melody came mattheo who sat next to me, straddling the chair. i was taking notes when he started curling my hair with his finger, dreamily staring at me. kaya was right behind us, staring jealously.

"oh, this child again–" flitwick muttered to himself, "mattheo– sit down properly and leave miss potter alone."

"professor– i don't think she wants me to leave her alone," he leaned in close to me, "do you, eevee?"

he smiled that goofy smile that made me smile.

"very well–" flitwick said, "it is your education that will be suffering, not mine."

one of mattheo's friends clinton leaned in and said, "i'll buy you a firebolt if you start lap dancing the chair."

mattheo smirked and started lap dancing his chair, doing whatever could possibly land him in detention. and of course, he did land himself in detention. for an entire week after his classes.

he stopped me after class, "meet me by my common room at 10."

"don't you have detention?"

"don't worry– i'll find a way to get out of it."

he kissed my cheek quickly, "i'll see you tonight."

and he rapidly walked away. i touched where he had kissed me. my dreams were finally coming true.

and then i felt sharp pain hit my back. i turned around, realizing that it was kaya with her friends who had thrown a quill harshly at me.

"my mother and father know people who do horrible things..." she uttered, "dirty bloods like you should stay away from people like us."

i backed away.

"i would stop talking to mattheo if i were you," she snapped, pointing her wand to my neck, "before he does something to you and your pathetic little family."

"w– what are you talking about?"

"oh– poor baby. so naive," she taunted as her friends laughed, "how do i say this in a simple way? mattheo's crazy. just like his father. he'll hurt you sooner than later."

then she walked away, cackling and flipping me off.