₁₆. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐯𝐮𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

fear found its way on almost everyone's faces. i stared back at mattheo, who didn't take his eyes off of me. before voldemort could say another word, dumbledore finally stepped in, pointing his wand at him and saying, "enough, tom."

but voldemort heartlessly muttered, "avada kedavra."

dumbledore instantly fell to the ground— dead. my parents crowded around him, staring up at voldemort with more fear than ever before.

a part of me felt as if it was wrong. but i didn't let that part of me get to me. my dad ended up dueling voldemort himself. he almost didn't stand a chance. watching voldemort use the cruciatus curse on him was too much for me to handle. i ran away inside the castle, crying. all i knew was that i was a coward and i wasn't quite sure what to believe anymore.

i ran to my common room. melody was there, huddled with the rest of the ravenclaws.

"where have you been?!" she screamed, "they told us to stay in our common rooms where we'll be safe."

but i bawled in her shoulder. she seemed confused but she comforted me. she was the only best friend i wanted. after a while, i pulled away, still crying.

"what's going on?" she asked, concernedly.

"i— i think i might have made a mistake—" i replied, tearfully.

"w— what did you do?" she worriedly asked.

before i could explain anything, mattheo stormed in, rushing over to me. he grabbed my wrist lightly and took me away from everyone else. then he held me in his arms and stared at me. love was in his eyes.

"i'm so sorry." he whispered, caressing my cheek, "i pressured you."

"y— you should go back—" i advised, "your dad's gonna get angry with—"

"i killed him." mattheo admitted, looking down.

"you WHAT?!" i yelled.

i knew he had to be joking. then again who would have been joking at a time like this?

"i had to," he continued, pacing, "he made me think so many things. he made me cry. he made me hurt..."

he turned back to me and pulled my face to his, "he made me hurt you. he made me feel like being vulnerable was the same thing as being weak."

his lips brushed against mine.

"but it's not. you're the reason for my vulnerability. and that's beautiful to me."

he stared at me longingly, as he always did and kissed me. this kiss wasn't the same as the others. it was full of hope somehow. i felt a passionate force run through me as i wrapped my arms around mattheo's neck. he was all that mattered to me. he was all i ever wanted.

we pulled away and stared at each other. a big relief flew over me. he grabbed one of my hands, smiling at me.

"i've told you once and i'll tell you again," he paused, "run away with me. we can go back to that house and start something. nobody will find us."

i smirked at him, resting my arm on his shoulder, "on one condition..."

i continued, "no babies until i turn twenty three."

"deal," he smirked, taking out his wand, "now let's get the fuck out of here."