₀₈. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

i walked to charms depressingly, not wishing to speak to anyone. melody seemed to feel better about her situation however i just felt like dying. i was scribbling on some parchment, wishing that mattheo was still mine. but across the room i glanced and watched kaya grab his face and kiss him firmly. saying that it broke my heart would be an understatement. i still had no clue why mattheo would play with my feelings like that. if he never liked me, he should have never talked to me in the first place. thinking about it just made me angry.

the dark side of me wanted to torture kaya. i wanted to see her suffer. i wanted to watch her die. she took away the only boy who mattered to me. but i ignored those thoughts and ran back to my common room. jackson stared over at me as i finished up my essay. he sensed something was wrong.

"what's up with you?" he asked, "you're usually more... upbeat."

i turned to him, accidentally death-staring him, "i'm sorry jackson. it's just– i'm going through my first breakup. and i don't even know what i did to deserve it."

he walked over to me, "who hurt you?"

"i shouldn't say, jackson..."

"is it mattheo?" he asked.

i sighed and nodded my head, answering his question.

"he's like that, eevee. he's never looked for a real relationship. he only cares about the number of girls he sleeps with. he doesn't care about you."

he paused, staring down at my lips, "but i do..."

without thinking, i grabbed his face and pulled him into me, kissing him. he got on top of me and i clutched onto his robe.

and that afternoon i let jackson fill the hole in my heart. we made out for twenty straight minutes until another ravenclaw boy walked in.

though dumbledore had advised to not walk around at night, i did it anyways. i needed to clear my head. i had too many feelings. i sat down somewhere and thought about everything, ending up crying my eyes out.

and of course, mattheo had to pass me by. but not before stopping and sitting down next to me.

i buried my face in my hands, "go away."

he took my hands off of my face and stared at me, "i didn't want to break up, eevee–"

"then what made you? what made you do this to me?" i yelled.

"she made me. kaya blackmailed me."

i stared into his big brown eyes.

"she told me that if i didn't break up with you, she would tell dumbledore about clinton..."

"how did she–"

"i don't know, eevee," he got up frustratedly, "i just know that if she sees me with you, i'm screwed."

i stood up and walked in front of him, just noticing a scratch on his face, "what's this on your face?"

he covered the scratch with his hand and started to cry.

"she raped me, eevee." he whimpered.

i stared at him again, beginning to cry. i caressed his cheek.

"i'm so sorry," i whispered softly, "let her rot in hell."

"you make me so damn vulnerable." he trembled.

"kiss me, mattheo." i sputtered.

"i can do so much more than just kiss you..." he grabbed my face harshly, kissing me.

i quickly stripped down to my bra and panties and he carried me, pushing me against the wall. i unbuttoned his white shirt and ran my hand down his midriff, feeling his abs underneath my warm palm.

"i couldn't take a day away from you." he whispered, unbuckling his belt and pulling down his jeans and boxers.

he pushed himself inside me softer this time after pulling down my panties. he sucked on my neck and i let out a short moan, digging my nails into the back of his shirt. he pulled off his shirt and kept on thrusting himself in me.

it was a long, rough night. and after it, we agreed to keep our relationship as secret as we could.

[mattheo's pov]

my father met me shortly after i hooked up with eevee again. if he knew i was in a relationship with his enemy's daughter, he would literally slit my neck.

"where's the girl?" he coldly hissed, "you better not have failed me."

"i– i– was going to but–"

he firmly grabbed my face and shoved some sort of colorless water-like serum down my throat. once i swallowed it, he asked me again, "where's the girl?"

"she's in her dorm, sleeping." i answered, truthfully.

i knew he had used veritserum on me. it was just like the truth potion he had used before.

"why haven't you captured her?" he yelled.

"i love her. i've been sleeping with her."

without another word, he dug his long, dirty fingernails in my cheek and slapped me hardly.

"don't think you'll get away with this. i'm giving you 24 hours. if you don't bring her to me by then, i'll capture her myself. and i'm sure you wouldn't want that, mattheo. you know where to find me." then he disapparated, leaving me alone in that hallway.

blood trickled down my neck from his fingernail marks. i fell to the floor and cried, not knowing what to do next. how was i supposed to capture the girl i loved? i couldn't possibly hand her over to my vile, cruel father who never cared about anyone more than himself.