𝐀𝐗𝐋 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄, one more chance.

It had been years since you'd last seen Axl Rose

It had been years since you'd last seen Axl Rose. Well, in person. It was kind of hard to miss seeing your ex-boyfriend's face all over the place when he was the lead singer of one of the hottest rock bands in America (and the world). You even heard he'd gotten engaged — that ended pretty quickly, which wasn't much of a surprise to you. Even when you were together, and you were together for quite some time, he still wasn't as attentive as you'd like him to be. That being the exact reason you had broken up with him.

It was somewhat weird to think you had once shared a home with Axl, a life even. And now you felt like you barely knew him anymore. He was nearly a stranger to you... A stranger that had songs about you on the radio. How fucking weird.

You tried to pull yourself out of your thoughts, grabbing your drink from the table and sipping on it. You were in one of the most popular nightclubs of the Strip with your friends, you really should be having the time of your life and not thinking about a man you hadn't seen in over two years. That, however, proved itself to be incredibly hard when all you could hear around you was his goddamned voice. You weren't that surprised when Guns n' Roses started to blare throughout the club but you were still slightly uncomfortable.

Without your knowledge, there was an actual reason for their songs to be playing that evening and that was because Axl, Duff and Slash had decided to party in that very same nightclub. And Axl had already spotted you before you could even imagine that you two were under the same roof.

He had been flirting with some random blonde when his eyes quickly scanned the room from the VIP area, somehow finding your face in the crowd. He instantly went silent, numb, confused and shocked upon seeing you for the first time in years. Axl shrugged the woman off and without a word to his friends, he impulsively decided to talk to you. It wasn't the best of ideas and he didn't know how your reaction would be since your breakup was a rather nasty one but truth be told... Axl hadn't been able to move on from you.

He tried. He'd been with so many women after you, even dated and got engaged to one of them, but somehow, he always managed to end up thinking about you. Comparing them to you. And he knew he'd never love anyone as much as he loved you.

You stood up after you placed your empty glass back on the table, trying to see if the bar was too busy but instead you were met with none other than Axl Rose himself walking up to you. His face lit up when your eyes met, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips but your face showed no reaction at all. You were simply shocked to see him.

"Fancy meeting you here." He started, shifting his weight as he came closer. He was nervous and you could tell. "Hey."

"Hi..." You nearly whispered, placing a strand of hair behind your ear. Your cheeks felt warm and you desperately wished you hadn't accepted your friend's invite for that night out. That whole situation wasn't supposed to happen.

"It's been, what? Two years?" Axl chuckled under his breath and you nodded. "You, well, you look really good." He said nonchalantly, despite his racing heart.

"You don't look too bad yourself." You smirked lightly. He bowed his head, you hadn't really seen that timid side of him in a while but it was nice to know you weren't the only one feeling extremely awkward.

The silence fell between the two of you as you fumbled with the hem of your blouse. You didn't really know what to say but Axl had a look in his eyes that told you he had a lot in his mind — and that scared you.

"Listen, could we maybe — " Axl started and you instantly raised your hand, shaking your head at him.

"Nope, no, Axl. We're not doing this." You demanded, keeping the distance between the two of you.

"Y/N, please, you didn't even gave me a chance." He insisted and you groaned, starting to walk away from him. "You just cut me off after we broke up. I deserved a goddamn chance to win you back!" He yelled after you.

You stopped and turned towards him, now in the middle of the dance floor. "Are you serious right now? You think I owed you anything after the way you treated me?"

"That's not — "

"All you cared about was yourself and fame, Axl. You were always away and when you were actually around, you barely gave me the time of the day. Always so fucking distant." You spat back, almost forgetting about the fact you were in public. "If you loved me, you would have shown me and I wouldn't have left." You lowered your voice and started to walk away again but this time, Axl actually caught your wrist.

Without another word or allowing your protests to stop him, Axl gently dragged you towards the nearest exit door and onto a back alley, the music muffled now that you were out in the open.

"What the fuck, Axl?" You were fuming, waiting for an explanation from the man in front of you.

"I fucking love you, Y/N. I've only ever fucking loved you!" Axl practically yelled, not caring about the strangers in the street. "To this day and after all of the women I've met, you're still the one I think about every single day when I wake up and see that you're not laying next to me. You're still the one I compare all the others to because they'll never be you, they'll never make me as happy as you made me." He admitted and stepped closer to you, lightly holding onto your hand. "You're still the only one I fucking want."

You were at a loss for words, your mouth hanging slightly ajar as you watched him. "Do you... Do you mean that?" Your voice came out low and weak. Even if you could tell he was being sincere, you were still afraid of getting your heart broken again.

"I do. I mean every single word." Axl quickly responded. "I was a dick to you before, I took you for granted but... I changed. And I don't ever want to be without you again." He sobbed as you placed a hand over his cheek. "Please... Just give me one more chance."

"Axl..."

"Just one chance. One more and I swear I won't fuck up again." He rested his forehead on top of yours, snaking an arm around your waist and bringing you closer to him. You closed your eyes, you had missed him so much that it just felt so nice to be in his embrace again. It felt like home.

You looked up at him, his eyes shining with hope as he eagerly waited for an answer. You smiled lightly, "You have one chance, Rose. Don't waste it." As soon as the words left you, his lips were pressed against yours.

The kiss didn't last long because neither of you could stop smiling but you never broke your distance, still hugging each other as you giggled much like teenagers in love.

"I won't." He finally said, pecking your nose. "I'd be the world's biggest fool if I were to lose you twice."

☆☆☆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this was requested by axl_fucking_rose and i'm not really a fan of axl but this was fun to write. i really hope you liked it!! <3