𝐍𝐈𝐊𝐊𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐗, we're (not) fine.

YOU WERE SITTING WITH YOUR friends at your favorite bar

YOU WERE SITTING WITH YOUR friends at your favorite bar. The place was filled with loud music and loud laughs. That was your safe place, one of your favorite spots. And you always felt like nothing could ruin your night as long as you were there.

"Hey, isn't that your ex-boyfriend?" Your friend poked you, making you snap your head so fast you almost got whiplash.

"What? Where?" You panicked, your eyes running across the dance floor. You could feel your heart start to race at the thought of running into him.

"Right there. With his weird ass friends." Your friend turned your head and your eyes met with that mane of messy black hair.

You gulped loudly, not really knowing what to do. Should you go talk to him? No, never. Should you run away instantly? Absolutely yes.

"You're not leaving." Your friend said from behind you, almost as if she had read your mind, holding your arm. You sighed. "He's not worth it. C'mon, let's get drunk." She pulled you towards the bar and you gave in.

After a few shots, it was like you had forgotten Nikki even existed, as you danced your way across the dance floor with your hands in the air and your hips swaying from one side to the other.

"I knew that was you." You heard someone say from behind you, making you instantly turn around and run into his chest. Nikki chuckled, holding you so you wouldn't completely fall to the floor, and you swore you would die right there. "Yep, definitely you. And as clumsy as I remember too."

You quickly got rid of his arms, turning around to get as far away from him as you could. But, of course, he followed you.

"Leave me alone, Nikki!" You yelled over the loud music, your eyes scanning the room in the search for your friends.

"Wait a minute, Y/N!" He yelled back and you knew by the tone of his voice that he wouldn't let go until you talked to him. You groaned, turning around abruptly which made him almost run you over as he didn't expect you to actually stop.

"What? What do you want?" You raised one eyebrow, crossing your arms. Nikki almost smiled remembering how cute you looked when you were angry.

"What's gotten into you? Why'd run away from me like that?" He asked and you scoffed, turning your head slightly.

"You're fucking kidding me?" You spat and he furrowed his eyebrow, taken back by your attitude.

"What are you talking abou–" You cut him off by walking away again, this time out of the bar. He followed you instantly. "Fucking hell!" He yelled in frustration, grabbing your hand and pulling you back once you were on the street.

"Why won't you leave me alone?!" You yelled. It was late in the night and the street was almost completely empty, making your voice echo.

"Why won't you talk to me?!" Nikki yelled back. "You–I don't understand you." He let go off your hand, moving his hair out of his face. You furrowed your eyebrows, looking up at him.

"What don't you understand, Nikki? That I was hurt after we broke up? That I'm still fucking healing from it?" Your words held anger but your eyes held sadness, making his heart break. "That you–you fucked up?!" You pointed your finger at his chest, but he didn't even bulge, his expression now unreadable.

"Then why didn't you tell me that before, huh?" He asked, taking you back. "Because as I recall, the day you left, you didn't say a word to me. I got home and the only thing left of you was a note saying this wouldn't work out." You swallowed hard, taking this words in. "I thought we were fine because you never talked to me about any of this!"

"I–I'm sorry." You looked at your feet, feeling ashamed. Nikki clicked his tongue and then you felt his arms encircle around you, his head coming to rest above yours.

"I never understood what I did to make you leave. But whatever it was, it ruined the best damn thing I had in my life and I'll never forgive myself." Nikki sighed and you wrapped your arms around his waist, burying your face deeper into his chest. "I'm sorry if I hurt you. I really am." He tried to pull back from you but your grip only tightened around him, making him chuckle. "I want to look at you." He whispered and you pulled back, your eyes meeting his green ones.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. The way I handled it all was really shitty and I should have talked to you. I was just hurt and I didn't really know what to do. But seriously, what was I thinkin–" Nikki chuckled lightly at your ramble and kissed you before you could talk yourself until the morning came.

His calloused bassist hands held your cheeks gently as his lips caressed yours in a soft kiss. The kind of kiss that leaves your heart racing and makes your cheeks burn. The kind of kiss that you never want to end and you swore Nikki could kiss you until eternity if he hadn't ran out of breath.

Your heart broke for a second because you knew this kiss felt like the last one, because you knew it was over. His hands lowered to wrap around your waist as his forehead rested on yours, your breaths ragged and silly smiles on your face. Nikki pulled back to look at you, opening up his mouth a couple of times but not really finding the words. You smiled, lifting your hand to caress his cheek.

"Maybe there's nothing else to say and that's completely fine." You smiled weakly.

"This is goodbye, then?" You could feel the sadness in his tone.

"It sure feels like it." You blinked away tears and he smiled, pecking your lips one last time before pulling away completely from you.

"I'm glad we got closure, then." Nikki smiled largely. "We both needed it."

"Yeah." You sniffled, wrapping your arms around yourself as you felt the cold hit you. "I guess I'll see you around, Sixx."

"I hope so." He winked, throwing you one last smile before turning around and walking back to the bar.

☆☆☆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Quarantine has been putting my ass in an angst mood because I can't see my bass boy so I'm writing angst shit about this bass boy too. I also didn't proofread because it's late and I need sleep. Hope you liked it x