𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐋, witchy woman.

CHRIS HAD JUST GOTTEN off the plane, his bags on his shoulders as he tried to rush his steps

CHRIS HAD JUST GOTTEN off the plane, his bags on his shoulders as he tried to rush his steps. It was your one year anniversary together but he had told you he wouldn't be able to be in town, only so that he could surprise you.

He had thought of everything — he'd show up at your house with flowers, all dressed up and smelling delightful. He'd take you out to dinner somewhere nice and you two would have the best of times together. He was so excited about that.

After Chris had finished up getting ready, he called a taxi to your house. He could feel his palms sweating all the way there. But once he stepped out onto your pouch, something didn't feel right. The lights inside your house were out but he could see the soft glow of candles throughout your living room. His insides turned, were you having a romantic evening with someone else? He couldn't take it.

Before he could sprint away, he heard your voice. Softly speaking a language he didn't understand a word of and that peaked his curiosity. Chris decided then he'd take a look at what you were doing and, oh boy, did that caught him off guard.

There were candles all over your living room and in the center, where you stood, was a carpet with a white symbol that was somewhat familiar to him. It all looked extremely suspicious to him, only making his confusion grow, but what truly made him completely lose it was when you finished mumbling the foreign words and took a golden goblet from the floor. The red liquid seemed almost too thick to be wine. God, Chris hoped that was wine. He took a step closer just when the liquid started talking back to you. And that's when Chris passed out on your porch.

A few moments later, Chris was startled awake when a strong smell was brought to his sense, making the man jolt upwards lightly as he felt hands trying to calm him down. "No, no, w-what..." He mumbled, trying to push whoever it was away but soon his blurry vision cleared to show you kneeled next to him.

"Hey, babe." Your voice was soft, trying your best not to upset him any further.

"Hey, babe? That's what you have to say?" Your attempts were a failure as he stood up in a blink, eyebrows settled deep into a frown. "What the fuck was all of that?"

"Chris, can you just give me—"

"Where's everything? Where's the carpet with the symbol? Where's the talking goblet?" He searched around your living room, now completely empty, rushing a hand through messy curls as he tried to make sense of the situation. You stood only a few feet away from him allowing him to let it all out, you knew whatever he saw couldn't have been easy on him. His exact reaction being the main reason why you hadn't shared your secret with him yet, knowing not everyone understood your side.

He rambled for a few more seconds, searching for any evidence of your previous 'party of one' but eventually turned towards you once he couldn't find anything. Chris squinted his eyes at you, "I see. You think you can pretend I didn't see any of that, huh? No, no, baby, I'm not dumb. And whatever it was you were doing, that was some weird shit and I think I deserve some freaking explanation."

Though his words sounded somewhat harsh, you could tell he was trying his best not to jump to any conclusions and give you the space to tell him yourself what happened. But despite that, you still were slightly scared that he'd leave you after this mishap.

"You do, Chris, and I'm so sorry you had to find this out like this." You let out a deep sigh, still keeping your distance from him. "I can't lie to you any further so I'll just be brutally honest with you now — I don't know exactly what you saw but I'm... Well, I'm a witch." You blurted, feeling your blood turn cold as you watched the colors drain from his face. He didn't know what to expect but those words were definitely not it. "It's-It's not as bad as it sounds." You were quick to say, stepping closer to him and almost sighing out of relief when he didn't instantly back away from you, probably too shocked to even move.

"A... A witch?" He echoed your previous words, searching your face for any signs that this was a joke but knowing, deep down, it really wasn't. "What does that even mean?"

"Not something bad." You said but his expression was still confused. "It means I can do spells from a book. That's it."

"Who were you talking to on-on the..." He motioned around and you could tell he was scared about your answer. "On the goblet?"

You shook your head, "Relax, it wasn't Satan or anything." You joked but you could see Chris visibly tensing up. You stepped closer to him, now risking your limits and taking his hands in yours. "It was my grandma. I, well, I use the spells I know to communicate with her sometimes." You admitted, your blood now pooling onto your cheeks as you felt your whole face burn. The confession a little too personal but you knew you couldn't hide anything from Chris anymore or you'd lose him.

A million emotions appeared onto his features as he processed the whole situation, his eyes stuck on yours. You prepared yourself for his next words, knowing they couldn't be good as your eyes filled with tears. But unlike you were expecting, your boyfriend simply took you into his arms, holding you tight in his embrace. "You're so fucking weird." He mumbled and you felt all tension melt from your body, wrapping your arms around him.

"I'm sorry I never said anything... Didn't know how you'd react." You shrugged and he pulled back to look at you, smiling lightly.

"Yeah, you just don't go around telling people you're a freaking witch but a warning would've been nice." Chris chuckled, shaking his head. "This is still all very confusing but... I love you. And this, well, this doesn't change that feeling. I'm willing to understand more about your world, if you'd allow me to."

Your smile grew as your arms wrapped tighter around him, "Of course, I'll tell you whatever you want to know about it." You got onto your tiptoes to press a kiss on his lips, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world as you pulled away and rested your head onto his chest.

"Shit..." He said a heartbeat later, making you toss him a confused look. "You have a black cat. I should have guessed."

You snorted, shaking your head at him. "This isn't Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Chris."

☆☆☆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: a request by EmoTrash900 ! this was supposed to go up a while ago but i couldn't find the muse to finish it so i'm really sorry about the delay. hope you still enjoyed it! xx