𝐍𝐈𝐊𝐊𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐗, are you lonesome tonight?

NIKKI SLOPPILY LIFTED THE BOTTLE of whiskey to his mouth as he stumbled in his own feet

NIKKI SLOPPILY LIFTED THE BOTTLE of whiskey to his mouth as he stumbled in his own feet. His head was dizzy and his sight was blurry, but he knew the path he was going like no other. His heart was beating fast as he reached the very known street, a street he had walked on many times. Your street.

All the way there he kept wondering if you felt the same way he did. If you missed him during the night, if you thought about him during the day. If you felt sorry that you drifted apart, if you wished you had never broken up. But then he remembered that it was his fault. That you weren't his anymore because he broke your trust and your heart.

Nikki got anxious when he saw the lights from your living room flicker on through the blinds, realizing that he might had rang your doorbell a couple of times. He quickly ran his hands through his messy black hair, straightened his outfit and threw the now empty bottle in your bushes.

"Nikki?" You blurted in surprise as you opened the door. Nikki almost feel down your steps as he hadn't heard the door open and then almost fainted once his eyes laid on you. With squinted eyes, bed hair and the most adorable confused expression he had ever seen.

"Hi, beautiful." He breathed out, looking as if he was in a dream. You furrowed your eyebrows further.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Do you realize how late it is? Wait, are you drunk? Of course you are, I can smell it-" You quickly rambled, feeling angry that your ex-boyfriend felt entitled to show up at your house in the middle of the night, drunk off his ass.

"Do you miss me?" Nikki cut you off. You froze in place as his hooded eyes quickly studied your face.

"I-" You opened your mouth a couple of times, but you didn't know what to say.

"Do you ever stay up all night wondering how things would be if we hadn't broken up?" He continued, his voice slightly raspy.

"I don't know what-"

"Do you still love me?" He whispered the last question. You could practically hear the agony behind his words as his eyes filled with tears.

You swallowed the lump in your throat, not wanting him to know you were just as hurt and that you did still love him.

"I need you to leave, Nikki." You took a deep breath, taking your eyes off of him once his frown deepened. "You're drunk, it's late. You should get some sleep."

"I don't need sleep!" Nikki almost whined, throwing his hands in the air. "I need you, Y/N."

"Nikki." You closed your eyes, taking a step back when you felt his hand touch yours. "Please, leave."

"Tell me you don't love me, then. Tell me you hadn't thought about me at all since we broke up." He begged, his voice now firmer as if he had completely sobered up in the matter of seconds. You opened your eyes to meet his green ones, knowing damn well you could never lie to him. "Tell me and I'll leave you alone for good."

Nikki stared at you as you tried to collect your thoughts. The cold wind that kept blowing past you didn't bother you as you tried your best to fight the overwhelming desire to hug him and kiss him like your life depended on it.

"I can't tell you that because it would be a lie." You whispered, feeling small and ashamed for telling him how you felt. "But I don't know if I can trust you like I once did."

"I promise you, baby, I will do anything to win your trust back." He sniffled, getting a little closer and grabbing your warm hands into his freezing ones. "I just want you back. I will do anything." Nikki practically begged you.

You knew that maybe taking him back was a mistake and that it could lead to another heartbreak. But all of the worries in the back of your mind faded as your lips touched his for the first time in a long time.

☆☆☆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This was requested by RockNRoller666 and I really hope you liked it!

I got struck by a wave of inspiration this week and I'm going through my requests right now. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update, but I'm getting there. Thank you for reading!