𝐈𝐙𝐙𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐈𝐍, you'll be alright.

YOU RAISED YOUR CIGARETTE to your lips, taking a long drag from it while savoring the taste in your throat

YOU RAISED YOUR CIGARETTE to your lips, taking a long drag from it while savoring the taste in your throat. You blew out the grey smoke, wiping the remaining tears that stained your face with the back of your hand. Shaking your head in frustration as you tried telling yourself everything would be alright. That your asshole of an ex wasn't worth it. Because no one that simply abandons their girlfriend in the middle of the street is worth spending tears on.

Your thoughts were interrupted as you snapped your head once you heard the door of the bar open, a lanky man with messy raven hair walking out with a cigarette dangling from his lips. In seconds, he noticed your curious gaze, offering you a small smile to which you returned.

"Hey, can I borrow your lighter. My friends fucked up mine." He raised his soaked lighter in front of you. You giggled, nodding as you handled him your own.

"Here you go, man." You quickly ran your index finger across your nose, trying to pretend you weren't just crying your eyes out seconds ago.

The mysterious and very stylish man smiled in gratitude, his eyes quickly adverting away from you as he lit his cigarette. You took the opportunity to quickly check him out, mentally praising him. You heard your lighter go off a couple of times as you took another drag of your own cigarette and watched the cars go by.

"I'm Izzy, by the way." His husky voice brought your attention back to him, his hand holding out your lighter. You smiled, taking it back.

"I'm Y/N." You shoved your lighter in your pocket, cocking your head a little. "Isn't Izzy a girl's name?" You said in a playful tone, making Izzy snort.

"Hey, it's the 20th century, okay? You gotta stop thinking like that." He pointed his cigarette at you, his voice also holding playfulness.

"Alright, man. I didn't meant to offend." You chuckled, holding your hands up in mocked defeat. Izzy shook his head as he blew out the smoke.

"You from around here?" He asked, leaning against the wall next to the bar. You threw away the remaining of your cigarette, joining him.

"Yeah, I live a couple of blocks away. You?"

"No. I'm from Idaho."

"That's kind of far." You looked him up and down. "You came to LA to be a rockstar or something?"

"That what you think?" Izzy raised his eyebrows, looking surprise.

"I mean, you got the looks." You shrugged, smiling. Izzy nodded, smoking a little.

"You're not wrong. I'm in a band with the friends who fucked up my lighter." He pointed his head towards the bar, where you could hear a lot of noise and loud voices yelling. "The ones that are about to get their asses kicked out of the bar, too."

"They sound like fun." You chuckled after hearing glass breaking.

"You don't wanna meet 'em. I don't wanna scare you away." Izzy said while shaking his head, the smoke leaving his lips with his words.

"What makes you think I'd be easily scared away?" You raised one eyebrow, crossing your arms.

"Trust me, baby, you–" Before Izzy could even finish his sentence, a loud bang was heard and a blonde guy was thrown out of the bar, three others walking out in the middle of laughs. Izzy turned back to you, laughing at your shocked expression. "Just wait and see."

"Holy fuck, what the hell–" The guy that was on the floor started but cut himself once he noticed you and Izzy. "Hey, Iz, man! Did you see that?" He yelled at his friend, falling in laughter afterwards.

You stared at them in horror as Izzy just nodded. His friends helped the fallen one get up and you noticed how taller he was from the others. They all seemed pretty wasted, which totally contradicted from Izzy, who seemed pretty sober.

"Hey, I'm Steven!" A blonde, very smiley guy reached his hand out to you, to which you skeptically held.

"It's okay. They won't bite." Izzy mumbled to you. "You're safe with me." And if those words had come out of any other stranger's mouth, you wouldn't have believed. Yet, something about Izzy felt right.

"You're cute. What's your name?" The tall guy slurred when he reached you.

"Y/N."

"Pretty name. I'm Duff, but you can call me whatever you–"

"Lay off of Izzy's girl, giraffe." The guy with strawberry blonde hair and a red bandana wrapped around his head complained.

"She's not my girl, Axl." Izzy shook his head. "That doesn't mean you can act like animals around her, though." Izzy quickly warned his friends, making them all lift up their hands.

"Anyways, say your goodbyes or whatever because we're off home." The Axl guy said, bringing the bottle he held to his lips as he tried to keep his curly haired friend from falling down.

"You should join your friends." Izzy turned to you, but you shook your head. "You alone?"

"It's a long story." You shook your head.

"Come with us!" Steven said excitedly, raising his arms.

"What? No, I mean, I can't–" You tried but Izzy raised his hand up.

"I can't leave you out here alone. The Strip is kind of dangerous."

"It's true. I'm sure we can drop you off somewhere." Axl nodded. You still looked unsure.

"We understand if you don't want to come with us, though." Steven laughed. "We won't be offended."

"No, it's okay. I live two streets down anyway." You shrugged, deciding to tag along. Even though you didn't exactly trust them, you felt safer walking with Izzy than by yourself.

"Yeah!" Steven raised his hands up again, making you laugh.

You all started to walk, Steven and Duff stumbling a little ahead with Axl and the curly haired guy, who looked like he was about to pass out at any moment, right behind them. That left you to walk with Izzy as you both resumed your previous small talk.

"Oh, and whatever it was that you were crying about earlier..." Izzy blurted out, making you widen your eyes. "Don't worry about that. You'll be alright." He winked and, as you walked down the streets of the Sunset Strip with five drunk idiots, you knew his words were true.

☆☆☆

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this was supposed to be izzy only but i couldn't resist but to add the boys too. i just love them so much :')