2.8

'well this is a shit show'

about a week after her detention charlie took most the following day off today feeling unlike herself her mind and stomach were aching the nerves had caused a sort of stomach bug within her.

she had talked to otis in the morning who was in fits with his mother so she was to occupy herself today. walking into her kitchen she grabbed a bowl starting a bit of oatmeal and tea for herself when her sister came down. "why the hell are you home?" she asked making charlie jump, "feeling a bit out of it—want some?" she asked her sister she nodded her head and sat at the dinning table.

"you know youre going to have to take a pregnancy test," charlie froze in her place, "w-what?" her voice trembling she met gaze with ingrid her sister only frowned.

"the walls aren't very thick between our rooms, which reminds me next time you and otis decide to go at it give me a warning." she laughed making charlie laugh nervously. "ill take you in a bit, now hurry and make my tea." charlies shoulders relaxed a bit as she made the food and drinks.

charlie and ingrid went to the convenience store for the test while their parents were out sean was also at school so there was no need to deal with him. when getting back home charlie took the test immediately, "what are you going to do, if you are that is?" ingrid asked making charlie sigh. "i have a future ingrid as does otis, last thing otis or i need is a fucking child running around." she nodded understanding what that meant.

she took the test and waited the five minutes they anxious waited by it nervously.

finally the timer went off shocking both the girls ingrid snatched the test away from the counter and read it. no reaction or words she handed it to charlie who read the test nervously. the two prominent lines made her hands shake as she cursed. "well this is a shit show."

later on charlie got ready and went to meaves quiz heads tourney, it was the finals and charlies would be dammed if she was going to miss it.

"hello darling im here to send good luck!" charlie yelled at meave who looked at her wearily "did you take the test?" meave asked charlie shook her head no "don't worry about me worry about this, those posh bastards don't know what they're up against." charlie gushed giving the middle finger to the girl on the other team she just looked like a bitch.

"alright calm down, actually can you come with me real quick." charlie nodded as meave took her to a area further from the rest of the people. pulling her phone out she dialed a number making charlie give a questionable look.

"who are you calling—" meave cut her off by answering the woman on the other side. "hi yes i would like to report a child at risk, yeah her parent is using drugs and is unfit to care for her." charlie looked up in a snap as meave unloaded that, "oh meave." she took the girls hand as she finished the call miss sands coming down to call five minutes.