3.4

'the country with the city of love'

charlie was on the phone with aimee and meave as they all laid in their beds. charlie was doing her nails while talking about anything that came to their minds. she had tried to find the courage to bring up her new feelings for the head boy while not trying to piss meave off.

as aimee was talking about her cupcakes she was baking charlie cut in, "i like someone—" a quiet tension was followed until meave and aimee gasped simultaneously. "who?" meave asked now sitting up on her bed an anxious smile on her lips. "jackson," she whispered enough though for meave and aimee to hear.

"really?" meave asked more astonished that charlie had a liking to the boy. "does it bother you meave?" charlie felt guilty for saying anything but meave just laughed aloud. "you know the whole time i was with jackson i was in love with your brother, i could care less honestly." meave spoke honestly making charlie sigh out in relief.

"really?" charlie asked anxiously, "yeah if you want the head boy go get him, just a heads up his you know what is—" charlie shushed her friend as she was on speakerphone and the last time ingrid heard something she didnt want to when she was with otis, charlie got a long lecture the next morning.

charlie let the call go silent before she asked "so is it big or average?" she whispered only for meave to shout "huge!" making the three laugh aloud.

next morning the girl was ready for another day at military school, her uniform on not a wrinkle in sight. her skirt folded to make it a lot shorter and cuter. sean knocked hard on the door before opening it, he looked at his sister who wore a smile on her lips. "what?" she asked stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"you look happy," he said giving a light smile back, she only grabbed her bag and scoffed. "i feel happy seanary, cmon!" she said grabbing his arm and dragging him out the house. once they got to school sean was out the car as he seen meave walking down the path, charlie got out of the car and was approached by jackson almost immediately.

"hey charlotte—" charlie looked over and smile, "hey jackson." she blushed as he watched her grab her bookbag from the car and jackson was all over it. "here let me help you out," he grabbed it from the seat and smile at her. "thank you those chemistry books are starting to hurt my back." she laughed making him smile another smile.

"can i walk you in?" she nodded, "i would really like that." the two followed one another through the hallways. at their locker sean, otis, adam and eric looked over at jackson walking charlie with her pack in hand. "are those two a thing?" eric asked sean looked over and shook his head.

"no but i think she likes him, shes a lot happier so i'm cool with it." sean said before shoving his books in his pack. "how are you otis?" eric asked his mate only for otis to watch as the two talked jacksons hand keeping him up as he leaned towards the wall. charlies back against it her head up as she talked to jackson a bright smile and laughter coming from her.