1.7

'i love you !'

'i love you !'

charlie woke up in the morning to a bright sun school was starting in 2 hours and she had things to do. the girl got into a skirt and sweater not wanting to get too dressed up. she also started her new job today ola had thankfully gotten the girl a job at the convenience store. so she had to make sure she was at the store today on time, while also being there for otis after he told her about his mums book.

she was ready to leave saying bye to her folks, grabbing her keys and going. sean had ended up leaving before the girl using their car to pick up ruby, so she took her mums car today. she drove over to otis's before she had to go get eric and walked into the house, she found otis in his mums office spinning in her chair. "hey love," she greeted he just turned and flipped the book standing up, "otis," she called again making otis finally look up. "cmon," she took his hand leading him into the kitchen forcing his to eat some breakfast.

she sat down at the table her legs resting on the chair across from her as she watched jean walk in. "morning darlings," jean called charlie waved but otis ignored the lady making jean look over at him. "save the crossword for me otis." instead otis ripped the page out of the newspaper and tossed it towards the trash.

charlie gave the boy a look before using her foot to nudge him, he just ignored it and stood up, he went into his book bag pulling out the sheets of paper that had jeans work in it. "i made some notes in your book, about me, you should consider using a thesaurus your vocabulary is very limited!" otis remarks in an angry tone.

charlie was taken back not expecting the boy to mouth off to his mother so quickly. "otis let's talk about this in a calm and rational way!" jean tried to persuade the boy but he just stomped off towards the front door, "not calm, not rational!" otis yelled throwing his hands in her face finally following out the door slamming it behind him.

charlie looked at jean, she grabbed her bag and gave the woman a supportive smile, "ill talk to him." she told jean giving her shoulder a squeeze running after otis out the door. "otis love, please go back and apologize to your mother!" charlie yelled back to her boyfriend only to be ignored.

"otis!" charlie yelled again otis spun quickly and started to yell once again. "i am not apologizing to her for writing a book about me, writing about something personal in my life so stay out of my business!" he yelled making charlie jump she wasn't used to being yelled at it was nerve wracking for her.

charlie watched as he grabbed his bike from the railing kicking the kickstand up getting it out of the gravel. "otis where are you going?" she asked he just shook his head his blue eyes looking at the floor below him. "i'm riding my bike to school, i want to be alone!"

charlie watched the boy ride off down the road before getting in her car driving in the same direction. she tried to clear her head and ignore the fact that otis didn't even want a ride today but felt it was necessary to give him his space, even if all she wanted to do was yell back.