Chapter 11: fast and brutal defeat.

Gazel Dwargo was strong, so strong that it wouldn't be too farfetched to call him a monster. He was far stronger than Erya, the only other swords man that Reinhard had fought.

"Is that all you got? Hero King?"

Unfortunately he wasn't strong enough. For the first time in his life, the king of the dwarves was kneeling down to a servant of evil. Or at least what he thinks is a servant of evil anyway. He slowly rose up from his position down on his knees a lot of people were looking at this with a little worry.

"Sword saints..." Gazel started speaking "It is rumored that due to a curse on the first Saint Reid Astrea all sword saints, no matter how strong, will fall to despair without a master to give them a reason to use this strength, that no matter how strong a sword saint is, they will choose to rather follow a evil monster than use the strength to help others by themselves...I had never believed it till now, and now it all makes so much sense" he said as he glanced back at the Archbishop who was lounging on the chair of the judge ,with the slime on his laps, looking at them with an obviously amused smirk, "Sword saint's lack a will, an ambition of their own and such, they choose to be servants, no matter how weak or evil the master is, they would rather follow than be the ones that lead..." he pointed his sword to Reinhard as the image of a beautiful red haired woman smirking just like Reinhard came to his mind. With a furious look on his face despite the other man looking simply amused and still had a smile on his face, he stated, no, declared "I have always hated sword saints for that" he charged forward clashing swords with Reinhard who simply blocked them continuously.

Gazel was aware of the power gap, he was aware that all sword saints were automatically considered of the Astrea family and were inherently capable of using the Astrea family sword technique. A technique that he could not surpass no matter how hard he tried, he knew that this person was simply playing with him and that was fine with him. No sword saint could ever be killed or defeated in a one on one duel, Making sure that every sword saint died un defeated, and he understood these odds.

Gazel rushed forward with his sword above him, Reinhard continuously dodged them with a sloppy stance with his sword, not seeing the need to get serious yet, but that changed when Gazel finally decided to go all out,

"Haze: Thunder of heaven and earth!!" Reinhard widened his eyes as the man disappeared into thin air, to the outside it would seem like he was Anxious, if just slightly, but that changed when he smirked. He turned to his right as he locked swords with the hero king, causing Gazel to widen his eyes, sparks flew as the two clashed their swords, stopping only when the king disappeared once again. Reinhard smirked once again, as he lazily rose up his sword to meet with the overhead strike. Gazel frowned and increased his power, and then-

*Crack*

Reinhard was forced to retreat, due to the visible crack that had appeared on his sword. Reinhard looked down at it before frowning, "Should've known...this sword can't handle a battle like this"

He looked back at Gazel who disappeared once again. He appeared right in front of him with his sword sheathed and his hand on the hilt. He Glared at Reinhard before shouting, "Haze..." he said as he leaned a bit forward before unsheathing his sword and going straight for Reinhard's head "Heaven's Quake!!" Reinhard rose his sword just in time to save him getting knocked back quite a bit in the process.

*Shatter*

He looked down at his sword before cursing, "Damn it!" he tossed away the shattered sword as he looked at the King once again, "It seems your sword has broken Saint..." Gazel mocked as he got ready for the third "act" of his Swordplay, Reinhard looked at him stubbornly before holding his hands up, perfectly ready to fight a sword on hand fight. Gazel stood amused "Haze: Earthen Thunder" he said as he jumped up before slashing the ground right below him. The earth below started to rumble as dust started to rise up through the air causing a fog of Dust to rise up in the Room, causing all of the occupant's vision to get obstructed, all except Gazel, who began charging his sword with his Magicules.