Chapter 31: Return of the king

I'll dissapear again if there aren't at least 20 reviews

*Rimuru pov*

I stare at shizu-san's figure on the bed, devoid of any movement aside from the rise and fall of her chest as she slept soundly wrapped in a thick blanket.

It'd been almost a day since she had lost control to the fire spirit Ifrit, almost a day since I had to fight her to try and calm her down.

"How is she doing?" a deep voice said from behind me, one I recognized very well. I could feel Ranga in my shadow tensing up.

"She is doing good, her injuries are all healed thanks to my potions now its just a matter of when she will wake up." I said without turning around. I had gotten used to them suddenly appearing in a pretty short span of time.

"Thank goodness..." another voice said following a sigh.

Puck. An extremely strong ice spirit made further strong thanks to Regulus giving him a name, he was once feared as 'the beast of the end' before he had his soul shattered into ten pieces and sealed in various places by a certain hero in the past. According to great sage, puck is almost ten times stronger than me right now. Despite all the things great sage talks about he doesn't seem that bad atleast to me...

And Hatti Vanagandr, Ranga's father named by Regulus after I banished him from his own pack... according to great sage his race which used to be dire wolf has changed to Greater Fenrir, and despite not having as many strong skills, his physical prowess alone is demon lord level and his trifecta of skills, Extra skill Flame body, Extra skill Heat control and Extra skill Flame control combine to give him the unique skill Purgatory storm, a storm of flames as hot as the surface of the sun.

Both of them had arrived to their village at around the same time as everything had ended, both Puck and Hatti had been essential in bringing down the flames and cooling the surroundings before the flames could spread to the forests, but...

"Puck, Hatti... I appreciate your concern as well as your help during the aftermath of the fight but..."

"We understand." Puck said

The goblins had all been on edge when Hatti had arrived at the village and Ranga seemed to be in a state of constant sulking.

"Doesn't mean we'll be leaving though" Hatti said as he turned to leave the tent.

Ironic.

"Regulus-sama told us he would be coming to this village after he was done with his business, and that we should be awaiting his return here. The discomfort of those weaklings doesn't bother me and you are not the one who is giving us orders" Hatti looked behind his shoulders at me before turning back front and walking down the road to the entrance of the village most probably, ignoring the goblins that were backing away from him. "We shall await his return here even if it means he will never return." He started walking with puck following closely behind, giving a small apologizing bow.

"Willing to wait even with the chance that he may not come back... what a good boy..." I said barely loud enough for him to hear.

He obviously did hear it because he stumbled despite walking on all four and had a deep red bluch as he turned back to face me. He gave me a stern glare before facing back forward with a scowl.

Puck chuckled before sitting on top of Hatti's head. With the Fenrir very clearly agitated although he did nothing to get him off.

"Cute."

"uh..." I heard a small groan from inside the tent causing me to hurry back inside.

"Shizu-san!!" I said aloud seeing the girl in question with her eyes open.