chapter 22: oh you want a fight?

Regulus/Yn Pov

I could hear Ramiris freaking out as the two spirits jumped down from the portal in the sky. A blue skinned elf with long white hair and icy blue eyes followed by a Dark skinned demonic looking being with fiery hair. Literally fiery.

The two were then followed by a lean figure made of black and purple shadows. Black armor that indacated he was a male hugged his body tightly showing of the slender yet muscular body. The armor was further covered by a black shadowy "cloak" of sorts that reached his knees. His face though was covered by a black knight helmet that had purple fire running down its middle portion.

And being the kind of but not really weeb I was... I realised who were standing in front of me quite quickly.

Depending on who were the ones that wanted to fight me? This was my death looking at me straight in the eyes.

Regulus and Gospel: well fuck...

Regulus: you looked through my god DAMN memories didn't you?!

Gospel: master please excuse me for a second I am sending a mail to the witches about WHY THE FUCK ARE THE FUCKING MONARCHS HERE?!

Regulus: you...are taking this a lot worse than me aren't you..?

Gospel: HOW ARE YOU TAKING THIS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME?!

Regulus: I took your words to heart I guess.

Gospel: what words?!

Regulus: You know...that Panicking won't do me any good and stuff like that?

Gospel: I gave you usefull advice?

Regulus: yep.

Gospel: That doesn't sound like me at all...

Regulus: I am as surprised as you are...

"Are you the one that summoned us? Human?" The blue haired one said. His voice was deep and felt rather cold to the ears...

Damn...

"Excuse me...us?" I asked with my hands in front of me. Now that I was alone there was no reason for me to act so noble. "I asked for 1 Superior spirit of either ice or fire...this is a bit of an overkill for me..." I said as a small bit of panic started to show on my face...

The Monarch of white flames, Baran if I remember correctly gave a growl as he glared at me. He said with a rather demonic voice  "Regardless of what you were trying to do you basically declared a fight on us you damned insect." He raised his hands causing his signature white flames to start forming at the tip of his fingers. "Time to pay the price." The white flames charged at me and in a split second I was engulfed in the white flames.

Thank you world for the authority of greed.

Gospel: damn these flames are fucking next level hot...

Regulus: whatcha mean?

Gospel: You obviously can't feel them. Neither can I but I can determine how much damge you would have taken had greed's authority not existed.

Regulus: How much would I have taken?

Gospel: you would've ceased to exist. Not even the body would be there. This fire is as hot as a solar flare.

Regulus: Damn. Guess they're called monarchs for a reason huh...what would've happened if Rimuru got hit?

Gospel: he...would've gotten vaporised...

Regulus: ...excuse me?

Gospel: abilities like the monarchs' are special and extremely destructive for a few certain special reason. They aren't skills and so the voice of the world doesn't recognize them as attacks and so they are considered attacks from "outside the system"  his resistances won't activate because they won't consider it an attack. The result would be him getting vaporised. Another reason is that they prevent regeneration. So no amount of full heal potions or instant regen will help.

Regulus: wait...does that mean the authorities are considered outside the system?

Gospel: yes they are.

Regulus: smirk*

Gospel: ...have fun I guess...
_______________

??? Pov.

"It seems this was a waste of time eh?" Baran said in a gruff tone looking at the Frost monarch and me.

'Odd...' I though as I gazed at the status screen in front of me...

《Notice:Intense bloodlust detected》

That man was engulfed whole by Baran's flames. He should be burned to nothing by now...

As i started wondering what could have been the cause though. Baran's flames were all put off.

By a single swing of his arm.

I smirked under the knight helmet. It seems this was a good choice.

In the centre of the grand room stood the white haired man with not even his clothes singed and a wide smirk on his face. He dusted of his outfit before letting the coat on his shoulders drop on the ground.

"Oh? So its a fight we want?"

He said. The smug smirk still present on his face.

Baran seemed shocked at first before gaining a smirk himself. One mirrored by the Frost monarch.

"Monarch of the white flame and the king of the demons, Baran." He said as a white sword materialised in his hands.

"The monarch of the frost and the king of the ice folk. You'll have to earn the right to know my name though" now that I think of it, I've never heard of his name either.

"My name doesn't matter since I will not be fighting, but, you can consider me the master of these two." I said.

The man looked at us for a second before giving a shallow bow.

"Archbishop of the witch cult representing all sins and the current head, as well as the founder, of the radical faction." My eyes widened at that. Witch cult? This kid was from the witchcult? He looked up at us and pointed his left hand at baran. "Regulus Corneas." As he said that a blade of wind blasted towards Baran. He quickly raised up a wall of fire but the blade of wind simply cut through it causing him to dodge it at the last second.

"And if its a fight you want. Its a fight you'll get."
-------------------------------------------
Yeah i deleted the weird meme chapter cause it was trash and cringey😂😂.

Anyway next chapter will be a little more late but its gonna be longer and its gonna be a fight chapter so look forward to it?

Anyway dear rare gems please review and vote if you like it.

Also i've reached 69 followers.

I have achieved transcendence...