Confession

Ever since the roof, Loki had been giving you the silent treatment. If you approached him, he'd find some way to leave or pick up a conversation with another housemate. After four days, you couldn't take it. He'd been so nice to you after the funeral, his company felt so natural, now you were lucky if he'd pass you the salt at dinnertime. You have to take matters into your own hands. So, in the evening, you wait till the others have enough drinks in them to agree to a game, and for you to have enough drinks in you to feel brave enough to confront him. 'Hey, guys?' They all turn to you. 'How about we play a game of truth or dare?' Wanda frowns at you, wondering what's brought this on.

Loki looks up from his book in the corner of the room and a slight look of terror flickers over his face. 'Y/n, don't.'

You let out a dry laugh. 'So you're talking to me now? Come on, Loki. You like mischief. It'll be fun'

Tony's the first to agree. He shrugs. 'I'll play.'

Placing a bookmark between the pages, Loki shakes his head and closes his book. 'I think I'll sit this one out.'

'No. You're playing. Peter, you first. Truth or dare?' Loki reluctantly walks over and situates himself on the sofa opposite yours. Wanda looks suspiciously between the two of you, noticing how out of character you're acting.

'Dare? I guess?' Peter says, just as confused as Wanda. Tony dares him to do a backflip. He does, and you're certain he did it immaculately, but you kept your eyes trained on Loki the entire time. Tony's about to ask who's next, but you interrupt.

'Loki's turn. Truth or dare?' The tension in the air is thick, palpable. He leans forward as you do, and your faces are mere inches apart. The others watch, uncomfortable and naive.

He tries to keep his carefree image intact and smiles dryly at you. 'Truth.'

You're prepared with the question. 'What aren't you telling us about my dad's death?' You shoot back, sure you want to know the answer, though the moment it leaves your lips you're no longer certain.

'Dare.' He tries to avoid answering the question. You smile once again, you knew he'd do this.

'I dare you to tell us what you're hiding about my dad's death.' Nat walks in as you say this, and stands frozen in the hallway, shocked.

'What's she talking about, Loki?' She asks, murder in her voice. At this point, the two of you had forgotten others were watching you. He stands up, towering over you.

'What exactly are you implying here, y/n?' He prompts. You begin to say something but stop. 'Just come out and say it.' He snaps.

Red swarms your vision and you stand up with him, still shorter than him, but both of you know he's no threat to you. 'Did you hurt my dad?'

You're not sure how the question affects him, but it does. You can tell because all the anger in his face subsides and is replaced by a vulnerability. 'What?' He almost whispers. He must not have expected your question.

At this point you're shaking, and you have to take a deep breath in to steady yourself for his reply. 'Did you or did you not kill my dad?'

All the hurt in his face is replaced by the usual hardness, anger. His voice is cool and sharp like a blade when it comes out, and you have to retract away from him. 'You'd really think that of me?'

'Of course I'd think that of you! You've given me no reason not to!' You yell, getting in his face again.

'Hey, hey, hey!' Steve shouts, running in upon hearing the commotion. 'What's going on here?' You finally step back from the situation and look around. Everybody's gathered in the room, circling around you.