I

Fireworks. Blowing of the horns. The contest of the loudest horn in the vicinity. And here I was, standing in a hill for a clear view of the fireworks. Far from the annoying noises and messy things at the neighborhood.

It seems it's New Year already. Variants of fireworks blooming at the midnight sky. The coast was clear. Perfect for a sight viewing for the fireworks...in a normal sense. Unfortunately, I wasn't appreciating those things that would vanish into smoke.

Fireworks are just a waste of money for a petty visual display. But that's tradition, I guess? Fireworks, the likes of five star, fountain and Goodbye Philippines, were banned under the President's law. Thus, making fireworks flying to the sky were necessary in order to feel the vibes of the Holiday.

What's amusing about watching lights that would only fade for seconds? Aren't they contended to the moonlight? I guess it's a bit harsh for the Earth's natural satellite. He's reflecting the light from the sun to earth, yet the people will ignore it instead.

The cold breeze gently blew, making me shiver a bit. I embraced myself tight and took a deep breath. The high altitude of this land form should be given a gratitude.

Behind me was a hallway of trees. Mabuti na lamang at hindi ito masukal at walang mababangis na hayop.

Below me was the town, or rather, a neighborhood where lights were illuminating. I could see the sparkler being held by children from here.

I didn't hate New Year at all. There were buffet, money from someone's godparents, luck, and obviously, a new year. I should be thankful to God because He gave me another year to travel.

It was peaceful and sere. But I guess it was only a calm before the storm. Why? Because after this, I was sure it would rain hard. Like our daily lives, after the temporary happiness, we're back in our cycle of daily life. The cycle of the cruel society we live in.

But honestly, I wanna be freed to this monotonous thing. Like I want something to enjoy. Not for a materialistic sense. Like for instance, love?

I don't know, just-

Who the heck was there?

Oddly, those sounds weren't from footsteps. They're clanking? I mean, are there wood planks falling from the sky? As I turned around, I realized something.

It was a silhouette from someone. Based on the physique, it's a girl. Probably she's within my age. The cloth she was wearing seems fitted, emphasizing her curves. She wasn't wearing a dress, not obviously a shirt and pants. Her hair was in a bun.

As she emerged from the shadow, her features were slowly being illuminated by the moonlight. I couldn't help but widened my eyes as my eyes made its path from head to toe.

A pink ornament pinned at her bun hair. Red and yellow flowers complimented her blue attire pair with a large red strap was wrapped around her waist. A pretty face staring at the fireworks with delight. Then for her footwear, it was a wooden sandals with some sort of elevation.

She went closer until she aligned at me, close enough to be reach by my arm. But something was weird...

W-Wait. Was she wearing called kimono or yukata or something? I quickly analyzed her face. Her skin wasn't as common as the Filipino skin. Could that be...

"The fireworks were splendid, right?" the girl asked softly.

Her accent wasn't Filipino like. There's a hint of her native accent. No doubt, she had a Japanese blood running in her veins. I shot a glance once again. Then our gazes met. Hindi ko alam pero pakiramdam ko ay may something sa kaniya. Her eyes shifted back on the display.