20.5

Pictures. Photos. A simple digital copy of something being taken off by a camera. They say that it could take memories and moments regardless of what happened. Whether it's for investigative purposes or as simple as stolen photos. Nonetheless, it was helpful.

With one final shot of the two girls with me, we could call it a day. Their smiles were widely bare and seems they're having a good time.

Or at least...that's what I thought.

Jasmine extended her arms with phone in hand. Alcantara locked her arms around my neck and pushed me towards Jasmine. And with that, we took our group selfie. It's nothing much. Just caught an awkward yet significant memory to each of us.

As we went out of the mall, I felt the welcoming greetings of the warm air. Pakiramdam ko ay halos kapareho ng naramdamang culture shock ni Alcantara. And at the same time...ay gusto ko na lang matulog.

"Agh! Crap, I'm beat! Grabe ang mga pinaggagawa natin. Kung ang objective natin ay paghahanap ng shawty, medyo successful tayo."

"Yeah...right." I couldn't help but be silent. But deep inside, this trip was a shock. Maybe it's just a gist. Or a half of her face. But I've seen her.

That...girl. I'm not the type of person who will believe in fate, but I couldn't help entertaining the idea. If my life was a story, magkakaroon ba ng plot twist sa buhay ko?

I know I'm overthinking little things. But our colors really matched our personalities eh. In my impression, I felt like I was her stalker while she's a rookie idol silently reaching for her stardom.

I'm really...pathetic eh. It seems I'm not suitable to be a main character eh. Welp, I'm okay to be everyone's side character. A flat side-character na mawawala na pagkatapos ng isang story arc.

"Steven! Steven! Hoy, Dazai! Bangon!"

"Eh?" I felt someone hands pushing my shoulders.

"Nagiging lutang ka na naman. May sinasabi si Britney, uy."

"Ah...eh...sorry. Ano ulit ang sinasabi mo?"

"I said, do you mind if strolled around for a bit? There's something I want to go with the both of you. It's only nearby the school so you don't have to worry," Alcantara repeated.

I silently nodded. They were the one's leading the group anyway.

Pagkasakay namin sa jeep, I tried to absorb everything. From the little fashion show we had to the bunch of games we played. I still remembered how I wrecked Alcantara into pieces at the piano game. At itong damit na suot ko ngayon, hindi ko alam kung paano babayaran 'tong mga 'to. Mas mura pa yata ang binili ni Jasmine kaysa sa'kin eh. Pero dahil sagot naman na Alcantara(and honestly, bumagay sa'kin), I took it for granted.

I tapped our conversation with Jasmine and tapped our picture. It's your typical group selfie, but it held a certain moment. At the middle of the two girls was me, being awkward because Alcantara dragged me at the picture. 

Even I, who don't show much emotions that much apart from being annoyed, could recognize this much. While their smiles seems genuine, I have a genuine shocked face. It was a crappy luck that it didn't ruined the picture quality.

So...did I enjoy our today's hangout? I'm somehow conflicted. I'm happy because I have new clothes and I managed to wreck Alcantara even for once. I'm also worried because there were chances that our classmates had seen us hanging out. What if someone bullied me because of these girls.

And also...I felt miserable. Like...did I deserved to accompany and be accompanied by these two? A heiress of a yakuza, with an unexpected kindness and despise to her father's works. An introverted beautiful and intelligent girl who adopted a bastard like me. I felt like this will become a curse in disguise.