XVII

A dance huh. It may be simple, pero para sa akin ay medyo nagiging kumplikado na ang lahat. My mind went into the gutter. When her thin fingers touched mine, I do asked what's happening.

But when she said she wanna dance, a single thought was formed immediately. 'Di ba dapat ako ang magsasabi n'un. I admit it was a bit sexist, but shifting the role upside down would be uncomfortable. And at the same time, losing the magic limited from a boy asking a girl to dance.

Honestly, I entertained the thought of asking her for the sake of formality. But it would be a pain in the ass so whatever.

"You're gonna dance too?" I asked the other pair.

Exchaning glances, Jasmine replied, "Not for now, I assume. We'll discuss about something for a moment." The word discuss seems ominous. I wonder what that would be.

"Good luck and give her you best shot." Uriel smiled.

I simply grasped my partner's pinky and dragged her to the dance floor. I glanced to her, then she glanced back. After two seconds, she lowered her head. Napapansin ko 'to simula nang inayusan ako ng makeup artist kanina. Kanina pa siya 'di makatingin sa'kin ng maayos. At ito naman akong hipokrito. Sinusubukan ko na lang mag-poker face para itago ang hiya ko.

"Aking napapansin na...kinakabahan ka sa gagawin natin," Alcantara initiated a conversation. She placed her right hand to my left shoulder. I placed my left hand on her right waist.

"Frankly, this was my first dance with a girl, so it's inevitable." I muttered. "Should I assume that you've already danced with a few?"

"Me? It might be surprising, but I've never danced with a guy before. I'm always busy with the cultural festival committee."

Committee? How industrious. Was it an excuse so she could avoid being danced by a guy?

"No," she uttered. "It's my own free will to help and not to avoid notice from the boys."

"How did you know that's my question in mind?" I asked curiously.

"It's all over your face." Yeah, that's a stupid question.

Saktong natapos na ang pagtugtog nila sa isang composition nang napagdesisyon namin sumabay sa alon. Sa totoo lang, may choice ako na hindi sumama pero ginawa ko pa rin out of recklessness. Siguro ganito talaga kapag adolescent. May mga bagay na magagawa out of recklessness.

We decided to go through the flow and sway ourselves left and right, encircling ourselves. From the usual classical compositions, the ensemble started with a solemn rhythm from the piano. The violin took the role of the vocals. I felt chills as the composition echoed inside the hall. No, it's not a composition. It's a song. And after a few seconds, I thought of something.

You've gonna be kidding me. It's Your Eyes Tell from BTS. I wonder if the celebrant was ridiculously fond of BTS or it's his favorite OST from the movie.

"Sounds familiar to you?" she asked.

"Um...yeah. Honestly, I sorta like this song," I replied, keeping my composure.

"So, A-"

"Just because I like their music doesn't meant I'm part of the fandom," I cut her words immediately.

"Because like at the night sky, stargazing is good enough, right?" Alcantara said, which I nodded. "Besides, you'd rather watch them on the shadows than interact with them."

"Parang sinasabi mong stalker ako ah," I jested. She smiled in response.

Honestly, I couldn't help but felt nervous. Mabuti na lang at naisipan kong mag-fingerless gloves. Kanina pa kasi ako pasmado.