9.5

"It's over...for you," I whispered to Alcantara, declaring a checkmate.

Hindi ko sinabi 'yun para sa babaeng nasa harapan ko ngayon. Sinabi ko yun para sa tatlong mga babaeng kasama ko. I just found myself grinning because my scheme became successful. What's only left was the big boss they ought to encounter.

In a snap of a finger, lumabas na ang aking master card.

"So ito pala ang dahilan kaya may tatlo pang bag na natira sa classroom ."

A familiar figure emerged from the dimly lit passageway. Sir Albores with his casual demeanor gazed sharply at the three girls. Maricar and co. were shocked as they saw our Gen. Math teacher standing in front of them.

The wind blows, allowing my coat drapped on my shoulders to sway to its rhythm. It was chilly, probably as chilly as the realization that the girls were caught red-handed. Actually, I've heard their conversation quite a bit. Probably starting from the reply of Alcantara. Followed with a punch or something like that. Nainis pa nga ako nang narinig ko ang feeling bad boy, obviously referring to me.

Our teacher casually spoke with a hint of pressure and authority, "What you're doing right now is outright violence. Hindi ba itinuro sa inyo ang tungkol sa Anti-Bullying Act?"

I could sense that they're starting to make unnecessary excuse. Tch. Typical bad guys. Trying to deny it 'til the end. If they were me, I would have ambushed her somewhere isolated then bully her. But that's not the case.

I decided to make their burden heavier. With a nod from my teacher, I stood up and grabbed something behind the doorframe. If they're too focused about something, they wouldn't care about the tiniest details. Well, everyone couldn't because their brains might overheat.

I grabbed a thin-looking object and pointed it at the girls. It's a smartphone and it's currently recording right now. "If you kept denying, this would be the witness to your audacity. Give it a wave."

Guess I really sounded like a mastermind. Anong mastermind ang pwede kong ganapan? Professor Moriarty? Joker? Pwede rin ang the Man with 30 Faces kung gusto niyo.

Tumapat naman ang kanilang tingin sa camera at nanlaki ang mga mata. Si Maricar na may hawak na cellphone ay walang may na nabitawan ito. Agad nilang pinakawalan ang nakakaawa naming kaklase at mabilis na tumakbo na parang may balak unahan ang hangin. Pinanood lang namin silang lumisan hanggang sa hindi na namin narinig ang tigidig ng kanilang mga paa. Di bale, may nakatanim na akong sniper sa tabi-tabi.

My eyes shifted to the victim who's still sitting. My, oh my. To think that fate orchestrated a situation for Alcantara to endure. She's so pure to face such cruel treatment. Or was she really that pure, to begin with? But she should know now what's the consequences of being in a spotlight. This day should be memorable to her. Her horrible transition from one culture to another.

I'm not comparing two countries. But based on the things I know, Japanese students were groomed at the young age to have manners and independence before knowledge. Thus, most of the anime series emphasized adolescent characters living alone in a dorm or an apartment. Honestly, I prefer it that way.

Though in the Philippines, they prioritize knowledge. The teachers were just teaching one plus one or ABCs but never bothered to know the well-being of the students. Their parents just do what they pleased and get wasted. And if they saw errors, they're gonna punish them and reasoned it as "an act of love". Some were reasonable enough, mostly are cruel because mistakes irritate them. The hypocrisy. That's why I believed this country is the domain of the fools. Thanks older generation. Kung 'di lang tayo sinakop ng mga malalaking bansa, siguradong nasa Age of Enlightenment palang tayo.