Part 4

Ranboo winced as he woke up, blinding white light coming from all around him. He shut his eyes tight and tried to hold up his hands to block the light from his eyes, but he couldn't move them. Confused and worried again, he slowly opened his eyes and as they adjusted, he realized he was in a white room, tiled with padding around him on the walls and floor. Ranboo blinked a couple of times and looked down at his arms. His eyes widened. Over his suit, he had a long-sleeved beige-colored shirt on, in which his arms were crossed over his chest through the sleeves. He felt them tied behind his back in a knot that he wouldn't be able to undo.

Ranboo suddenly realized what had happened back in the field. They got me. They got me. With a sleep dart and they brought me here. Oh no oh no oh nonononononono. Hold on. Focus. He felt his legs and surprisingly they weren't tied up, although his tail with black and white fur on the end of it, was weighed down by a small but effective heavy ball. Ranboo stood up, blood rushing to his legs and body. His legs were sore, probably from all the running he did. He tilted his head, feeling the crown and mask rub against his hair and face. He looked around and saw cameras in each corner of the small box room he was in. The light was blinking red on them. He shivered and looked away from them.

Ranboo struggled for a minute in the strange shirt and grew tired when he was unsuccessful. He took a few steps forward but then stumbled on nothing. He grunted when he realized that his tail wasn't able to help him balance at all. Ranboo was at least glad that he had his crown and mask on, but he wasn't quite sure if he had his gloves on because of the way his hands and arms were situated.

Bzzz...Bzzz...Testing...Hello. A mechanical voice came over the speakers embedded into the roof of the room. Welcome to the SCP Foundation. You are currently at Site # [REDACTED]. SCP stands for Secure, Contain, and Protect. You are an SCP. This means you are dangerous and are to be kept here. The mechanical voice paused. Enjoy your stay!

Ranboo flinched at that last phrase. He had never heard about an "SCP" or "Foundation", but it didn't sound good. He also never thought of himself as 'dangerous' before. But kept here for how long? Forever? He was going to try and shout back at the mechanical voice until a new voice came out of the ceiling.

Ahem. Hello. This is Dr. Soot speaking. This one didn't sound mechanical at all. I am the head leader, or scientist, here at this SCP Foundation. To inform you, we do have you monitored at all times, which means we can see what you are doing at any time. You are SCP-.... The voice paused as if reading something. SCP-4480. You will be held here and tested on, beginning... It paused again. Tomorrow. You will be checked on and monitored by one of our staff every 12 hours, but it could increase due to how much attention you need. And yes, we are watching you right now as I speak. I can see the little crown on top of your head. Ranboo gasped and backed up against the wall. Now, you might have not understood any of that, but if you did, it would be very fascinating. Goodbye now.

Ranboo heard a clicking sound and the voice was gone. He sat down slowly, bringing his knees up to his chest. He started shaking out of terror. What am I called? SCP-4480? Testing? Monitored? Checked on? Like by humans?! He curled his tail around his feet and put his face into his lap. This can't be happening. It has to be a dream. It has to. It has to, right? Right? But he couldn't answer the question filling up his mind.

After a few minutes, or hours, Ranboo couldn't track the time, his ears turned towards the white door on the other wall across from him. He looked up, hearing the clicking of metal and he sat up straighter. The door opened and two humans came through, carrying various types of food. Some things didn't even look like food. They were both holding glass bottles of water and Ranboo grew even more terrified. But when he saw the humans' faces, they were the ones who looked terrified. One of them was wearing an orange jumpsuit, with the other had on a white lab coat. The lab coat one was brave enough to come closer to Ranboo, but Ranboo scooted more towards the corner of the room. They tossed food onto the floor next to him. Ranboo guessed they were expecting him to eat, and even though he was hungry, he didn't want to eat anything that humans were giving to him.

The two humans kept doing this for a while, and once they finally realized that Ranboo wouldn't eat anything, they went for the water, and Ranboo tried holding in a shriek as he pushed himself into the corner, still sitting down. They both watched him in fascination, surprised that he was now scared of them. Braver now, they slowly walked over to him and showed Ranboo the glass water containers, which only made Ranbo want to fade into the padding.

"Maybe it doesn't know how to drink?" The jumpsuit one loudly whispered to the lab coat one. The lab coat human turned to Ranboo. "Hey, can you understand us? You know, speaking English?" Ranboo had never heard of English before, although he must have learned it because he was able to understand them. He didn't say anything to them, which made the lab coat one pause.

"Maybe..." The lab coat one came even closer, holding the water in front of him. "Drink? Water? Here, lemme just..." He reached for Ranboo's mask, and Ranboo ducked, surprising the human. Lab coat reached for his mask again, but Ranboo turned away. Now Jumpsuit was joining in, trying to grab Ranboo's mask, while Ranboo was struggling in his shirt thing, ducking and turning away from the hands of the humans. Suddenly, Lab Coat had grabbed the mask by the string part and pulled it off, flinging it across the room. It landed with a very light thud. Ranboo, Lab Coat, and Jumpsuit had all paused to look at it, then the two humans turned back towards the cowering hybrid. His mouth was in a long jagged line across his jaw and it was partly opened, revealing his teeth, a dark purple mouth and light purple tongue. Immediately, both of the humans tried pouring the water into Ranboo's mouth, but Ranboo had been moving and it splashed all over his black and white face.

Ranboo closed his eyes and screamed in pain. His crown fell off. His jaw unhinged, showing parts of the upper jar were connected to the lower jaw. He kicked both humans off him, sending them flying into the opposite wall. He didn't hear their bones cracking underneath his cries of agony. Ranboo's skin was smoking, enveloping his entire face in a cloud of gray. He stood up, trying to rip off the shirt-jacket on him, and when he failed again, he collapsed onto his knees. His face was towards the floor, some of his skin coming off. He was still yelling in pain as tears streamed down his face into a puddle. Ranboo had never felt this much pain in his life.

-w-

Wilbur Soot, no, Dr. Soot was standing, looking at the monitors showing what was happening inside SCP-4480's chamber. He had his chin in his hand, watching the smoke coming off of the SCP's face. "Fascinating." He mumbled to himself. Dr. Soot sensed Agent Niki coming up beside him, and when she looked at the screens, she leaned forward.

"Dr., we need to go help those two men!" She pointed at the monitor that showed the bodies of the two people Dr. Soot had sent in the chamber. When she turned to go, he grabbed her arm.

"No. Not yet. The SCP is still antagonized. I want to see what happens next. Study this more. Do not send anyone in there until I give permission." Dr. Soot let go of her arm and she looked from the monitor to the Dr. She sighed and nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Now go check on how Agent Phil is doing with SCP-70337 and 70880." He waved her off and turned back towards the screens, watching the black and white SCP collapse.

-w-