Part 22

AHAHA HEYYYYYY PLEASE IGNORE THE LONG BREAK HAHAHHAHAHA)) 

MY WRITING SKILLS MIGHT BE A BIT RUSTY SO FORGIVE ME I BEG YOU)

Although Ranboo could barely move his leg for about 6 or 7 weeks, those weeks seemed like some of the best to him. 

Everyday, Niki would come and talk to him, bring cool things to play with and have fun, except for that one day where Dr. Soot had called a big meeting, then he  just thought about a lot. He even got a wheelchair, which was such a strange concept to him at first. A chair with wheels. Humans were very weird. 

The first place he had asked to go to in his wheelchair was Tubbo's place. 

"Hi Ranboo!" The bee's SCP voice was muffled through the glass as Niki pushed Ranboo into view. Tubbo was holding a flower crown that was three-fourths of the way done, with little yellow and red flowers. Tommy, who was standing as close to Tubbo as the glass divider would allow, gave a small wave to Ranboo. 

"Hey Tubbo, Tommy." Ranboo smiled. He guessed Tubbo had talked to Tommy about him, otherwise Tommy would have been cussing Ranboo out right now. 

"Tommy reminded me of these-" Tubbo held up the in-progress flower crown, "and I was planning on giving one to Tommy, you, and Phil. I think I have enough flowers anyways." He gestured behind him to a woven basket filled with many multicolored flowers. 

"Nice! How'd you even learn to make them?" Ranboo asked, being wheeled closer to the glass. 

"Oh, I think I was outside one day, away from the cave, a LONG time ago, and I started just, uh,  messin' around with flowers until I, you know, came up with it." Tubbo shrugged, but Ranboo could see his eyes starting to glisten with held back tears. 

Tommy also noticed and yelled, "EYYYY NIKI! What's been happening?" 

Niki startled, jerking the wheelchair the tiniest bit. "Oh! Nothing really, I've just been hanging with Ranboo more. Wi- Dr. Soot actually called a meeting, which, first of all, was strange because he rarely does that. And secondly, he was asking like, questions about the SCPs, and what would be best for them. It was just. . .not exactly how he acts." 

"Yeah, I've actually been seeing him come around more often," Tommy remarked. "Usually he doesn't even say anything. He just watches us and I think he thinks we don't notice."

"Weird." Niki readjusted her white coat. 

What if I did that? Ranboo suddenly started to panic. What if I broke him when he was asking those questions? Or when I helped him? How would I UNFIX him? Ohhhh, I really hope that's not bad. His tail twitched nervously. 

He and Niki stayed a bit longer, just chatting until Tubbo finished the crown, handing it to Niki as she walked through the door to grab it. She shut the door and gingerly passed it to Ranboo, the small flowers gently bending. 

Ranboo took his crown off, placed it on his lap and replaced it with the flower crown. His head felt lighter without the crown, but he didn't mind this time. He smiled at Tubbo, who was clapping his hands at his creation.

"Thanks Tubbo. I'll be sure to take good care of it." Ranboo said, as Niki began pushing him back down the hallway.

"Yeah, you better take care of it you-" Tommy's voice faded as they walked farther away and Ranboo chuckled. 

They made back to his cell, and Ranboo sighed, remembering it would be another day until he could go around with Niki again. He carefully got out of the wheelchair using his good leg, and sat against the wall. Niki rolled the chair to the side and came back over to Ranboo, sitting across from him. Ranboo placed his tail in front of Niki and she gently pat the fur, smoothing it. They sat in silence for a few minutes, both seeming to think about what to do next. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab your food, alright?" Niki spoke quietly, getting up, and Ranboo gave a nod, letting his tail drop back next to him.

She smiled and walked across the room, opened the door and was out. 

Ranboo blew out a breath, taking the flower crown off and looking at it more closely. The stems were woven expertly together, the flowers being in a pattern of red, yellow, red, yellow. Ranboo breathed in the scent of the flowers and relaxed, then stiffened. He barely even remembered what the outside was like. 

Niki came in before Ranboo thought about that more, and now the aroma of strawberry muffins, (specially made for him by Chef George) wafted into the room. He set the flower crown next to him and lowered his mask, his mouth already starting to salivate. He gratefully took the food and took a bite out of one of the muffins. Niki sat back down across from him. 

A sound shook his room. A deep, grinding sound that was coming from behind him, at the back of the room.

He jumped and Niki did as well. She stood up immediately, but the sound ceased. They waited. Then it came again. 

"What in the-," Niki mumbled under her breath.

Hello, this is Dr. Soot speaking. His voice came over the speaker suddenly. Staff, do not worry about the noise you may hear. It is coming from outside the building and it's the start of a new, um. . . project. Currently, there are construction personnel putting new additions to each of the SCPs cells. So, again, no need to worry. 

The speaker was quiet and the sound continued. 

"Niki, what's he talking about?" Ranboo asked, his mouth still half full of muffin. 

I- I don't know, he never said anything about- about new add ons to the rooms. . ." She stammered, gesturing around with her hands furiously.

Ranboo continued chewing, but slower now. What is Dr. Soot planning on doing?  

The drilling sound hummed through the room. 

(( HOLY CRAP OVER 18K READS LIKE HEH?! ))

(( SORRY this is kinda short but try not to worry cause I have a small plan for the next few chapters! Take care of yourself, like drinking water, please eat something, take your meds and maybe touch some grass? BYEEE ))