Part 20

*pops out from under the blanket of school*))

 hiiiiiiii sorry about the long wait. yk, school and me getting distracted/unmotivated)) 

but holy crap 7k reads??? what am I doing right? lmaoo) ANYWAYS))

Bright white. It almost didn't blind him this time, but Ranboo groaned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. White padding under and around him. His room, although he still didn't like the sound of that.

Ranboo went to stand up and pain ran up his leg, making him drop back down, grimacing. Suddenly tiny snippets of his memory came back to him. The bloody boar hybrid. Agent Niki. The cafeteria. Dr. Soot.

He gasped, remembering the unconscious doctor. Is he okay? I hope they found him. I mean, I put him in a place that seemed like they would be able to find him easily.

He looked down at his hurt leg. It was wrapped in some sort of extremely hard material, Ranboo guessed so that his leg wasn't able to move or bend. He checked himself for any other injuries but found none that were as bad as his leg.

The door opened and Ranboo jumped, then was tackled into a laying pose by a small figure. He looked at the long blonde hair and grinned. Niki looked up at Ranboo and she looked like she had been on the verge of crying for a while.

"Ranboo! You're okay, you're okay! Oh!" Ranboo sat up with Niki still hugging him and he returned the embrace.

She didn't let go for a while until she backed quickly away, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "I- I don't want to burn you." She chuckled.

"It's okay. It's not as bad as this." Ranboo gestured to his leg.

Niki sighed sadly. "Are you able to stand?"
Ranboo shook his head. "Not yet. I guess it's still too broken or whatever."

Niki sat next to him, hands folded in her lap. They were silent for a while. Ranboo remembered to mention the doctor. "Did you find Dr. Soot?"
"Oh, yeah. He actually found us when we were looking for us. He did have a broken arm, but that was all." Niki glanced up at him. "Why do you ask?"

"Well," Ranboo's tail flicked, curling up next to them, "I actually put him into the safe place. I found him when I was going through the hallways. He was bleeding and unconscious. So I just carried him to the room closest and laid him down."

Niki stared at Ranboo, which made him look away, uncomfortable with the eye contact. He hadn't felt the uneasiness of that before, but the burst of strength, of whatever that was that unlocked inside him the day before, had made eye contact unbearable for him again.

"You helped him? I- I mean, I'm glad but... after what Wil did to you and everyone else...." She trailed off.

Ranboo was also surprised. I don't know what I was doing. Maybe it was the anxiousness I was feeling.

"Well, maybe that will soften him up a little bit," Niki said, starting to smile. "Maybe he'll see that you're not that bad, and- and maybe he won't be that mean anymore."
Ranboo put his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and her smile grew. "I'm just glad you're safe. And Phil too." Ranboo said.

"Yeah. He's still upset about how the SCP went on a rampage. He thinks that there is still some good in Techno, but I'm not sure-"

"Techno?" Ranboo was surprised that the SCP was able to give someone its name in the first place.

"Mhm." Niki nodded. "As I said before, Phil is the one that works with Techno, and we were all amazed that he was able to talk to it." She chuckled again. "Probably all that fatherly stuff helped out with it."

Ranboo's stomach growled loudly, making them both laugh.

"I'll go get you some strawberries. You haven't eaten since you were knocked out." Niki quickly got up, waved at him, then closed the door.

Alone again, Ranboo laid down. He looked over at the flashing red lights on the cameras. Ranboo knew that Dr. Soot was most likely watching him.

A few minutes pass and the door swings open, Niki holding a bowl of red fruit. Ranboo grabbed it from her and pulled down his mask, popping a couple of strawberries in his mouth. He let out a satisfied hum, the pleasant taste making him relax. Niki sat back down, across from him and Ranboo handed her a berry. She took it and ate it, nodding her thanks.

They both started as the door was opened again. A familiar pair of round glasses made Ranboo relieved and worried at the same time.

Dr. Soot's head peeked through the door, and Ranboo could see Phil's bucket hat behind him.

"Ah, there you are." Dr. Soot said, opening the door more, revealing the arm sling he had on his left arm. "I need to speak to you, Agent Nihachu." He shot a glance at Ranboo, and Ranboo looked at the ground quickly.

Niki seemed to hold back a sigh and she patted Ranboo's not hurt leg, then stood up, going out the door. It was quiet, except for the small footsteps leaving the hallway.

Ranboo ate the rest of his fruit, wondering what that was about. Am I in trouble? Why would I be? I even helped Doctor Soot out. I bet it's about security or something like that. Or another SCP? No, Niki would have told me about another one if there was.

He sat back against the wall and rubbed his eyes. Although he had been sitting around, his full stomach made him sleepy and with nothing else to do due to his leg, he fell asleep, his body trying to make up for all the energy used up yesterday. 

sorry for the short one today iwi)) 

LOVE Y'ALL /parasocial lmao))