Part 19

OKAY, I COME BACK FROM WRITING ON A BROKEN KEYBOARD AND THEN I SEE THAT THIS HAS OVER 4K READS??? HEH?)) THANKS) 

OKAY THEN) also sorry about the wait iwi)) 

TW: blood 

The sirens continued but were not as loud as they were outside the cafeteria. Ranboo hugged himself, his tail curling around his legs as if it would protect him. Niki stood next to him, silent. Around them, people were still freaking out, shouting, and panicking. Ranboo turned to Niki, hoping she was okay enough to speak to.

"Niki!" He shouted over the screams. "Who is SCP-7300?"

She swiveled to face him, and Ranboo saw that her eyes were wide. "It's- I don't work with him- Phil does! He's talked about him before, but most of it was that he- that he wasn't as bad as he seemed! But from this-" She gestured to the chaos- "I think he's gone on a ramage!"

Ranboo tried to process it for a moment. "So what usually happens?"

"I've only been here for one before, but when that happened, the SCP killed two people." Niki looked away once she said this, covering her mouth and closing her eyes, as if in pain.

Ranboo turned and looked around, at all the afraid, cowering humans around him. They were powerless, herded into one place like cattle for slaughter. What could they do? Obviously, they'd dealt with this before, but it didn't look like they were doing anything helpful.

Ranboo stared at Niki again. She was a mess, having had to push through people before to get Ranboo in the first place, then pushing through people to get here. Her hair was plastered to her face from the sweat and heat in the crowded cafeteria.

To Ranboo, she looked so. . .helpless. His best and only real friend. He found Phil in the mix of bodies and he looked worried and sad and confused all at the same time. Human emotions were confusing. Ranboo didn't want either of them to get harmed.

A scream made from many voices rose as banging could be heard in another part of the facility. The room seemed to rattle. Ranboo watched the doors of the cafeteria intently.

Before Ranboo knew what he was doing, he started marching towards the double doors before he could decide. Niki behind him gasped and grabbed his wrist, but he walked with her, pulling against her grip.

"R- Ranboo, what are you doing?" Niki sniffled. Ranboo stopped and spun around to her. Phil had walked up to them too, hand on Niki's shoulder.

Ranboo looked into her eyes, confusion, and fear making her eyes glisten. He gazed back, red and green turning determined.

"I- I don't know what I'm doing, but I know that I'm going to make sure you don't get hurt." Ranboo pushed her back into Phil's arms, losing her grip on his wrist. She cried out, and Ranboo advanced through the scared crowd. Many glanced at him, confused, but didn't move from their places and let him pass through. Ranboo heard Niki's protests as she pushed through the crowd as well.

He got to the doors and opened them, locked from the inside. Now people were yelling at him to close them, and Niki finally came up to Ranboo, who held the doors open.

"Ranboo! Stop!" She demanded. But he turned around and crouched so he could see her eye-to-eye.

"Agent Niki, it's okay. It's- It's okay. Please don't worry. I'll be fine." He stammered, wanting to calm her down. But she wasn't calming down.

Ranboo suddenly hugged her, burying his face in her shoulder. She hugged him back, trying not to cry on him. 

"But what are you doing?" She asked again, not letting him go.