First Day

Stepping out of my gram's parked, old, beat up car, I looked around. I take a deep breath while closing the car door. I can do this. Throwing my shoulder back, and turning my chin up I made my way to the entrance of the school. When I get to the the entrance I look quickly look around the parking lot for any familiar faces. I recognize no one.

After walking in I find my way to what I think is the main office. I go up to the desk where a heavyset woman with big glasses is sitting. "Hi. My grandmother called yesterday about me going he..." I voice became lower because she wasn't really listening. She was ruffling through papers then finally handed me some with a clipboard and a pencil.

"Just fill this out over there and I'll give you your schedule." She said in a bored tone while nodding towards the seat.

"O...kay." I did as she asked. When I was almost done filling out the papers, a loud and happy voice filled the room saying "Top of the morning to you, my sweet Mrs. Sander."

I looked at Mrs. Sander and noticed her smile bright and say "I'm good Mr. Tonner. Thank you for asking." Her tone was completely different from what it just was when she talked to me. WAIT. she said Tonner. That's when I really looked at the boy. It's David Tonner! My David Tonner!

"David?"

He looked at me, noticing my presence for the first time. "Do I..." Then his eyes widened, while i got up from the seat and ran towards him.

"Lil? Holy-" He got cut of by my killer tight hug, which he returned.

He pulled back. "What are you doing here? Are you gonna go to school here?" Excitement was in his eyes as well as his voice.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm staying with grams for the rest of the school year."(Hopefully)

"That's awesome!"

I went back to the seat to get the papers and gave them to Mrs. Sanders, who handed me my schedule.

"God, Lil. You look so different! Who the hell knew you would turn into... someone decent looking!"

David looked only slightly different. He obviously got taller, and looked older. He was still skinny, pale, with his ginger hair. His hair was longer than I've ever seen it. He never liked it but it seems he has embraced his ginger-ness.

I laughed. "I feel flattered!

He gave me a teeth flashing grin and took my schedule from me. He scanned it, gave it back, and gestured for me to walk out the door of the office.

"So, what do we have together?"

"We have together the subject of drama."

I frowned "That's it?"

"Yeah, I kinda take a lot of AP classes."

I smirked "Of course you do. I bet your, like the student body president too, right?" I said jokingly.

"Actually yeah! How'd you know?"

"No way. You really are?" I asked in disbelief.

He nodded with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Wow. I'm smart. I say I belong in those AP classes of yours."

He chuckled. Then I realized we had stopped walking.

"You locker miss!" He said in a British voice while gesturing to the locker we stood in front of.

"How do you know this is my locker?" I asked confused.

David rolled his eyes and smiled. "It's at the top of the schedule. Lil, are your sure you belong in my AP classes.

I laughed and smacked his arm. "Hey where are the others?"

"Others?"

"Adam, Ian, Carter...."

David's smile faded and he started to look uncomfortable. "Their around. We don't really talk to each other anymore."

"What do you mean?"

He bit his lip and said, "Well after you left we were all good. Then when we got into high school... we tried to stay friends but we went our separate ways. I mean don't get me wrong, we don't hate each other... well most of us don't..." He trailed off.

"What? I'm really confused. You guys hate each other?" That's something I didn't expect to happen.

"No! Well, I don't know. To be honest we just don't associate with each other anymore."

"Oh." I say feeling disappointment at the pit of my stomach.

"We kind of just... split in freshman year."

I don't know what to say. Or think. So I just nodded and said "Okay."

I turned to my locker, and opened it, getting ready for class. When I turned, David was staring at me with concern. "Okay?"

No. I'm not. I wanted to come back to my old group of friends.

I shrugged "Yeah. Okay. So can you show me where my English class is?"

* * *

The morning was over and I have my lunch period. I didn't want to go the cafeteria so I settled for the library, which was pretty empty. I sat at a table and started to look at the homework I got assigned to me today.

My mind wandered and I thought of my boys and how they aren't friends anymore. Maybe I could change this though.

I heard a cough across from me and looked up to see a pretty blonde smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Hi. I've never seen you before. I'm Katie."

"My names Liliana, but call me Lilly.

"Well it was nice meeting you. G-T-G, see you around."

I returned her smile "Yeah, later."

When my lunch period ended, I gathered my things in my bag and headed out of the library. On my way to my locker I stopped when I caught sight of a dark haired, tall, muscular boy push a shorter boy who was concealed in an over sized grey hoodie. The push was rough and sent hoodie boy back into the lockers. I looked around to see if anyone noticed. Many did but no one did anything.

"What's wrong? Can't fight back?" The dark haired boy laughed and started to walk away.

I took a step forward and yelled at the guys back. "Hey, asshole! Learn some manner."

Th guy turned around and my jaw dropped.