Some Answers

Ian and I sat on my bed, leaning against my headboard. Carter sat at the other end, and Adam sat on the chair near my desk. We were all silent. I looked at Ian who's eyes were dry but a bit swollen.

"Soo.." I say to break the silence.

"When did this even happen?" Adam bursts out. "Or how did it happen? I really don't understand."

Ian looked at his folded hands, not saying anything. "Ian? Talk to us." Carter said quietly.

"Yeah, man." Adam adds, "We... dude, you're gay."

"Okay Adam! You don't need to state the obvious." I tell him.

We stay quiet for a while.

Adam breaks the silence again. "Why David? I mean out of everyone, why him? You know, I don't bat on your team but C'mon! Look at me." Adam flashes his Hollywood grin. "I'm a hundred times better looking than David!"

"Adam!" I scold. What a douchebag.

"What?" He says innocently holds up his hands. "I was just joking."

"It wasn't funny." I shout at him.

Ian has his hands covering his face and his shoulder shaking.

"Ian?" I say concerned. He moves his hands. That when I realize that he's laughing.

"See! He found it funny!" Adam say childishly.

I roll my eyes.

"Only you would say something like that, Adam." Ian says in between laughter.

I smile, only because I'm happy to see him laughing.

When he stops, things go quiet again.

"When we all split." Ian starts, "David and I were still... we were still friends. Kind of inseparable. In sophomore year, I started dating Rachel. She was nice and we got along. That's around the time I noticed how I felt about David. How... when we touch... I get this feeling... and when I 'm around him....I was really happy."

"Really?" Carter says. "That's what you think love feels like?" Carter continues.

"Yeah...I guess." Ian replies

Carter looks at the floor with his eyebrows furrowed.

I look at Adam and find his eyes narrowed on Carter. I look at Ian. He keeps staring at his hands.

"So? What happened?" I ask.

"I...told him."

"What?" I shout, in surprise.

"So he knows?" Adam asks, his mouth wide open.

"Yeah. He knows."

"And?" I ask.

"Well, when I told him... he said I was crazy. BUT I know he's lying! I know he feels the same why I do. He just chooses to deny it. Then I...um."

"What?" I shout. "What?! Spit it out!"

"We kissed."

All three of us gasped. "And the plot thickens." Adam says. I ignore Adam.

"You kissed him?What did he do?" I ask.

"He kissed back. Like I knew he would. Then he just freaked afterwards. Next day... Rachel dumps me. Then she's always with David. 'They're in love'." He says the last sentence with finger quotes.

"You don't believe them?" Carter asks quietly.

"No. I mean I don't know about Rachel, but I know David doesn't love her." He says