Chapter 18

Right when he was about to exit the room after applying what they call "solution" in his irises in the bathroom, he barely said goodbye to me, he simply nodded then left.

What the heck did Harry tell him?

_____

Uncomfortably, I stood there with my back against the wall, timidly shifting my gaze from the ground to Harry, tearing my eyes away from him whenever those pair of fiery red crossed my sight. The idea of staying with him alone in a room is enough to struck me with dread, terror, anxiety and any other synonym you can think of. Having his eyes of red stare blankly, intensely and directly at me, as if he was staring into my soul, made the goosebumps crawl on every inch of my skin. I wish I could read his mind and find out how much he really hates me, because I wished the feeling was mutual. A psycho like him is either obsessed in an eerie and freaky manner, or feels complete hatred towards his victim/hostage. Especially having an obsession was terrifying in every way humanly conceivable.

The moment Niall has left this room, I forgot about the pain in my ribs and focused on reality. I was in a room alone with the one and only notorious Harry Styles. The pain sort of faded away anyways because those strong pills I was given. They worked like magic to be honest.

My no longer innocent eyes divert to the symbol of the Red Nation, that has appeared in my eyes to be fire made into a shape of a rose, or perhaps some sort of odd letter on a staff. The symbol was just as baffling and obscure as the members of this nation. They understood themselves and their goals in life. Whereas, everyone else was dying to learn and observe them and their abilities fully, in details.

Except me.

I have other things than to waste my time on such things, such.. wicked creatures that meant nothing but harm to this very island. However, they were a part of this damned society so I, nor anyone else had the right to question their existence.

"Carly"

And that's when I felt my heart stop, his raspy voice laced with no emotion whatsoever as my name slipped off his tongue slickly. I don't know how girls would fangirl over a guy with a British accent, claiming that it was hot. However, there was absolutely nothing appealing about an intimidating Harry. Him nor his accent.

Okay, maybe he's a bit attractive. But nothing I could have an orgasm over...

By the way.. Did he really get my name right? Not sure if that meant a good or a bad thing. Normally, I would've thought it was good that he actually knew my name -not that I cared- but now that I think about it, it could be something bad. Why else would he try getting my attention?

My head spun like a rusty old door of an abandoned house opening on its own, in his direction. His expression remained constant. Although, he was now sitting cross-legged, elbows rested on his knees while his chin did on his intertwined slender fingers in an obervant behavior.

"Open this drawer, and take out what's in it" he pointed to the nightstand right next to him. Ass wipe, can't you get it on your own? I wanted to voice that out so bad, but my cowardiness prevented that from happening. Let's just say if I was brave enough to even say something, rude or not, it's never acceptable. Or so I've been told by Mister Styles.

The biggest mistake I've made that moment surprised both me and Harry "I'm not your maid" I'm in the deepest shit I've gotten myself into.

"What was that?" He questioned in a challenging tone. I gulped and fidgeted with my fingers, at the same time, I tried to think of a line I was meaning to say. Though nothing popped up in mind.

Fucking great, it's not like he's the gullible type anyways. Thus basically, there was no point.

"Next time you disrespect me, I'll make your week a living hell" I internally snorted at his words. For real? Last time I checked, I was in hell, on top of that, I was sharing a room with the master of all evil.

Pretty cool, eh?

I just couldn't wait to know what will happen in the coming days. What's next? Baby sitting his child? Not that I could imagine him being a dad. Let's be realistic here, anyone would've laughed til their eyes popped out of their sockets if he fathered a child. My brain would automatically shut down when that thought enters my mind.

Then again, it's very rare for two RN (Red Nation) members to have a baby. The reason behind this had to do with the fact that the increase in their species, allowed their genes to become too strong. Strong as in deadly. As in the fetus would have 0.01% chance of survival.

Good thing I payed attention in that one class.

In case you're wondering, every academy's schedule contains at least one discussion class a week about every nation, yet, there was a limited amount of information we had the right to know about. Basically, the dangerous stuff.

Some things should be known, and some should be kept a secret among the crowd you belong to.

My heart jumped at Harry's startling tone. His face held that usual solemn expression and hatred in his eyes. I wonder if his face got paralysed from girls sitting on it...

If he wasn't so intimidating, maybe I would've asked him that then cracked up til my belly hurt. You never know, that might get him to change that damn signature face.

"Are you going to open that drawer or do I have to force you?"

Don't think I need to know what the term "force" meant in his dictionary.. It's for the best, therefore, in order not to test him, I complied. However, I took baby steps, causing him to grow more annoyed with me by the second.

Cool, a red button to open the drawer was actually a smart idea. Sometimes my hand would get stuck in that darn metal handle thingy because their spaces were too small.

Ugh I need to live here.

SIKE!

Even if they had robot maids or teleporters or perhaps fast food with negative pineapple calories, I would rather be buried alive than settle here. This place was the definition of a nightmare.

"It doesn't bite" I mimicked Harry's actions and rolled my purple eyes. Jee, what a surprise to not mistake Harry for a button that bites, I thought sarcastically.

Cautiously I pressed my index finger on the red circle, allowing the drawer to open slowly. Bummer, it's a shame how liquid nitrogen didn't come out like it does in movies once the actors and/or actresses would open a safe.

Or at least I thought it was liquid nitrogen...

They would freeze if liquid nitrogen touched them, you dumbfuck.

Oh right.. Let's stay focused on what I'm about to s-

A needle filled with strangely dark blood. How convenient.