Chapter 26

Carly's POV

"No, you will send him back to our academy then I'll go to that stupid party with you" I stomped my foot to the ground like a stubborn child. It's not my fault he's being a douchebag instead of fulfilling the deal the way I wanted. I felt like crying my eyes out; I never wanted to portray his prospective spouse in the eyes of the party attendees. In fact we had to be engaged in the public eye for 4 months according to the deal he set. Besides it wouldn't raise any suspicions aside from the part where The Harry, out of the blue, asked someone's hand in marriage and 4 months later, poof, they break up just because. And not play the ideal husband with just anyone; in fact with the person he seems to detest the most and, in my perspective, his hostage.

A broad smile plastered on his lips, eyeing me up and down as though I've given him a splendid idea he was willing to share with me. Therefore, I gave him the "What is it now?" look.

"Precarious" he tilted his head and scrunched his nose. "But I can make that happen." He waltzed around me until he was too close behind. "But you gotta convince Niall that you're 100% fine with me and you need him to leave" All the things he has asked me to do don't sound as bad as they actually truly are. Although I can't seem to figure out the challenge in this one.

"Okay.." I trailed off, shuddering at his cold touch. Now this really gave me a hint on what I had to do. Note to self: if Harry ever agrees to a deal, prepare for whatever he's got up in that brain of his. But you should've shut up in the first place.

Oh boy, I so badly wanted to take back that "Okay" yet I knew I couldn't have simply. Someone like him isn't just going to agree to a few conditions without including a thing or two of their own.

The tips of his fingers leisurely trailed down my arms leaving goosebumps behind then stopping at the palms of my hands. I had a feeling my neck might crumble like a piece of paper if his chin remained resting on the side of my shoulder where my neck was exposed, or maybe I'll have to tie his hair so it'd stop tickling me.

He must've thought I was tense since he's touching me -well part of it- but it was actually mainly due to his soft ringlets peaking out of the beanie.

I shut my eyes in hopes I'd wake up from this big mess and realize it was all just another nightmare; being stuck with Harry. I want to wake up in a world where threats didn't depress me and this Harry Styles didn't exist. Though he will always be that cloud of doom above me wherever I go, preventing the warm sun rays from dancing over my skin and all he'll ever do is dump his misery on me like a pile of trash. Then there I lay a fifty year old on my death bed, being sucked deeper and deeper into a maelstrom of anguish and despair as I slowly die, suffering. Even after I depart from life, that mist of calamities still sits upon my corpse until I suddenly revive from outrageous disturbance. It'll slowly drive me out of the one tiny good thing I've longed to die with peacefully; my sanity. The day I looked into the serpent's eyes was the day I've become aware of the reason behind everyone's distance from it; it's poisonous. I've come to realize that once you make a deal with Satan, you're done for and there's no going back. If there was one thing I've learned, was never to get involved with the devil because the cycle of misfortune evolves into a never ending black hole.

Always in school the teachers would say, if there's one teeny tiny flaw in your solving at the beginning, then your entire work is wrong. I'd hate to admit that I've done just about that, but Jesus due to the lack of melanin in my skin, I can't even step a foot in the sun unless I had a wish for a gradual death.

"Hey, Carly" I slightly jumped at the tap on my cheek, I suddenly remembered my current position.. goddamn it. "Everything alright up there?" I noticed my shoulders were turned to look him in the eye, though our eyes were magnets with identical poles.