Chapter 27

This chapter was hardly proofread, correct me if you may.

-------------

There was a debate going on in my head on whether or not I remind Harry that the guests aren't blind; they're going to notice the ugly bruises on my thighs. I know that he knows, because obviously in situations like this, he should be extra cautious.

"What you did to me isn't invisible" my choice of words was deliberate to deliver the message to him. I wished he'd know what I'm saying and show guilt or some sort, because I don't expect an apology.

His eyebrows shot up in mockery "What did I do to you that isn't invisible?" playing dumb I see. This bastard clearly loves the way I get irritated with his foolish questions.

No problem. I said to myself, or more like convinced myself. I couldn't let his role-play upset me because let's just say that's exactly what he wanted.

I stopped to get his attention but he continued to walk, so I huffed and caught up with him. "My injuries... bruises. It's your fault I have them"

"No, it's your fault"

"Excuse me?" Who does he think he's joking with because I don't see or hear anyone laughing.

"You are to blame for your bruises, and for my dog bite" he stated like it was so obvious. Nevermind my bruises for now, he did not just call me a dog.

"I get that I bit you which is only your fault, but, excuse me, your dog bite?? The only dog here is you. Oh wait I'm sorry that wasn't accurate at all, I meant devil" I was glad no one was in the hallway, otherwise our cover would've been blown. The absurd only reason I cared was because my life would've been at stake.

"Oo I'm loving the name, but no thanks I prefer daddy" he winked, my eyes zeroed and my face turned red. What a fucking pig.

At this point we were standing in the dim alley, facing each other. I was so close to ripping my fiance's head off but he was very much amused "You! Are so disgusting" my nostrils flared, then my feet began stomping ahead.

"You know" he jogged to my side, bad choice, pretty boy. "This Carly is far more amusing, but I kinda liked little scared and obedient Carly even more. So unless you don't wanna know what happened while you were out for those two days, you can go ahead and lash at me all you want. But let me tell you one thing, my darling, it won't change the fact that you're stuck with me here for the next four months."

He really does know the trick to shut me up and listen. Damn if only I knew how to do that; I would've had him at my feet like a good doggy.

I crossed my arms over my chest, unwilling to allow his control over me but this was a different circumstance. "Fine, go ahead"

"Just to get things clear, it's all your fault including this" he pointed to the scar on his hand which I take pride in admitting that I did it. Though I give him credit for the motivation and inspiration.

"It was self defense. Just get on with the story telling you prick" my feet tapped impatiently on the mahogany floor.

"Since I'm the prick, I'm going to keep on stalling." he shrugged, not having a problem with postponing story time. The next thing I know he's pulling two familiar rings out of his pocket..

Oh my god. Please don't tell me those are the actual platinum rings that are only worn by a real married couple.

"What the fuck Harry.. what in God's name are you doing with those??" I began to fret as my heart raced. Those two thin bands around the thicker one per ring shone under the dim lights -for the record, why don't they have actual lights that would produce some actual light? I'm pretty damn confident they have enough money to put Bill Gates out of business.